Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting Agencies...(in Dublin perhaps)

• 10-08-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi.. can anyone put me in the right direction re acting agencies in Dublin. I've seen a few co-operative type ones online, the actors seem to have a fair deal more experience than me (barring anything done in fair city which of course doesn't count :) and I'd just like to hook up with an agency that could line up a couple of auditions now and again.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What kind of experience do you have? Are you involved in any amateur acting groups?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mrpeech

faceman wrote: »
    What kind of experience do you have? Are you involved in any amateur acting groups?

Hi faceman, well I just finished a 6 month production of Shakespeare's Cymbeline where I played one of the main parts with the New English Theatre Company in Barcelona and i have some good experience in workshops. I was going to pop along to No Drama once they come back from their break in a week or so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,646 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

mrpeech wrote: »
    Hi faceman, well I just finished a 6 month production of Shakespeare's Cymbeline where I played one of the main parts with the New English Theatre Company in Barcelona and i have some good experience in workshops. I was going to pop along to No Drama once they come back from their break in a week or so.

Cool.

One of the No Drama members is a member here, vinny coyne is his username. He has done alot of work and could probably give you some good advice. I think PiecesofEight from No Drama is the same.

If you need any info on No Drama just drop me a PM. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 karenarabella

Hi guys,

I am new to all of this. Actually I have just set up my a/c here. I am interesting in doing some acting, primarily for a hobby and fun. I do not have any acting experience, and have never attended acting school or clubs. I am wondering if anyone knows where I could begin, and if there are any acting groups around the Dublin area that take on absolute beginners? Cheers

Karen:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

mrpeech wrote: »
    Hi.. can anyone put me in the right direction re acting agencies in Dublin. I've seen a few co-operative type ones online, the actors seem to have a fair deal more experience than me (barring anything done in fair city which of course doesn't count :)

I know you're joking, but if I were you I would think a bit more carefully about Fair City. It is by far the biggest employer of actors in Ireland. If you seriously want to get work in the business, you would be well advised to know what's going on there.

You won't do yourself any favours by slagging off the people who are getting work, or the people who are giving it to them.

As for not having enough experience, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Most of the people in the agencies started out in the same position, and they kept plugging away - meeting people, putting on plays in the International or upstairs in Andrews Lane (or whatever has replaced it), being good in small parts. I don't think they will dismiss you for lack of experience. Not if they have any sense.

• Advertisement

Hi guys,

I am new to all of this. Actually I have just set up my a/c here. I am interesting in doing some acting, primarily for a hobby and fun. I do not have any acting experience, and have never attended acting school or clubs. I am wondering if anyone knows where I could begin, and if there are any acting groups around the Dublin area that take on absolute beginners? Cheers

Karen:)

Boards has a drama group called No Drama Theatre. You will find more detail on the forum: http://nodrama.boards.ie

Otherwise you could look up the Drama League of Ireland's website, (www.dli.ie) as they have a list of alot of amateur drama groups

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 efaontherise

Hey, I'm Aoife. I'm currently looking out in the newspapers EVERY single day for acting crew coming to Dublin looking for 13 year old girls to play different parts - so far no such luck. If anybody knows any good places i could go to find good lessons or an agent because I have already been at a few acting colleges around my area , if anyone has ANY info can they please reply to this! Thankkks

x
    Efa.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fay25

this is a comprehensive list of actors agents in Ireland, although it is not exhaustive.

http://www.iftn.ie/actors/actors_agents/

To convince an agent to represent you these days, you will need a decent CV with proven experience/professional training and most usually a showreel. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 efaontherise

awh thank's so much, yeah i've done some acting in colleges and stuff but i have been in several productions and maybe if I go back I could get them to give me a written refrence, thank's for the link (:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 fay25

no worries ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Oscars

Hi I am looking for an agent to represent me in Ireland. Anyone knows any?

Advertisement