Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hori fightstick or madcatz fightstick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hori arcade stick
    hey how do i set up a poll for this?

was doing some research and in a lot of cases on you-tube the se madcatz is getting slated!

do you all think thats the stick i should go for?

also does nanyone have a se stick for sale?

i will pay the going rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

was doing some research and in a lot of cases on you-tube the se madcatz is getting slated!

Well... it's YouTube. I thought people knew by now that the YT comments section is not exactly a hotbed of reasoned discourse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

hori arcade stick
    hey how do i set up a poll for this?

do you all think thats the stick i should go for?

also does nanyone have a se stick for sale?

i will pay the going rate!

There were problems with the washer which have been fixed in the new production batches. It's not exactly the best stick you'll ever use but it works fine and it is much better than a Hori. Asking the same question over and over isn't going to net you many different answers in the same thread mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I highly recommend the TE stick, haven't tried the SE version but the TE was worth every cent.

hori arcade stick
    I highly recommend the TE stick, haven't tried the SE version but the TE was worth every cent.
    im looking around for a te but cheapest i can find is 122 euro was hoping to pay 90 maybe!

anyone selling theres? i have a load of games either for swapping?:confused:

• Advertisement

hori arcade stick
    ok im looking for a TE stick or SE stick!!! anyone?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

ok im looking for a TE stick or SE stick!!! anyone?????

Buy that one on adverts already!! Pay the extra that he wants, then try to make up the difference by selling stuff on adverts.

hori arcade stick
    animaX wrote: »
    Buy that one on adverts already!! Pay the extra that he wants, then try to make up the difference by selling stuff on adverts.
    yeah might try that so, just he has marked it sold so i cant pm him now as you know!:(

yeah might try that so, just he has marked it sold so i cant pm him now as you know!:(

He can still reply though can't he? Or at least he can see your responses?

hori arcade stick
    animaX wrote: »
    He can still reply though can't he? Or at least he can see your responses?
    when i close or mark an ad as sold i clear from my watch list so he might not see it! i have asked a mod to draw his attention to the ad so hopefully:)

im getting the sweats thinkin bout the TE model DROOLING LOL:D

• Advertisement

im getting the sweats thinkin bout the TE model DROOLING LOL:D

I had my eyes on that very one too! I would have beaten you to it :D

But I resisted. Only if my hori dies will I go for a SE or TE

hori arcade stick
    well i have decided if he doesnt sell it ill buy it on amazon for sure!:D

hori arcade stick
    just wondering im trying to buy a tourney edition stick from amazon and they keep saying they wont deliver to my address here! why is that? and do you guys use amazon regularly?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

just wondering im trying to buy a tourney edition stick from amazon and they keep saying they wont deliver to my address here! why is that? and do you guys use amazon regularly?:confused:

www.amazon.com or www.amazon.co.uk

As far as I know amazon.com won't ship to Europe.

It looks like Amazon UK themselves have sold out of sticks and have switched to a different supplier ("findprice") which doesn't ship to Ireland.

They may have them back in stock shortly, maybe drop them an email.

hori arcade stick
    thanks for the help guys!

btw im getting a TE stick on adverts for 130 euro, do you all think that its worth 130 ill be getting it now anyways but just nice to know if im paying a fair price in your opinion?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hori arcade stick
    The price is fine IMHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

defo, sure official xbox controller is 40ish euro right?
    my hrap2 was of similar price back in the day

hori arcade stick
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The price is fine IMHO.
    TY kiki dying to get it now as im dying to try it out! thanks for the help!

hori arcade stick
    Placebo wrote: »
    defo, sure official xbox controller is 40ish euro right?
    my hrap2 was of similar price back in the day
    yes i suppose and its gonna be rare methinks in a few years!:D

• Advertisement

btw im getting a TE stick on adverts for 130 euro, do you all think that its worth 130 ill be getting it now anyways but just nice to know if im paying a fair price in your opinion?

€130 is about how much I paid for mine, hope you like it man. :)

hori arcade stick
    €130 is about how much I paid for mine, hope you like it man. :)
    thanks im really looking forward to it now:) hope it improves my fighting lol so many times getting hammered and now thats all about to change lol:)

hori arcade stick
    thanks im really looking forward to it now:) hope it improves my fighting lol so many times getting hammered and now thats all about to change lol:)

I wouldn't think of it in those terms, dude (unless you're already very used to playing fighters on stick). Playing on a TE won't magically improve your game, in fact it'll probably set you back for a while as you make the adjustment from controller to stick - I'd say this would take a couple of weeks of play at the least. Just don't want you to get frustrated if you get your TE delivered and aren't instantly pulling off FADC ultra combos!

That said they are great yokes, and fair play on getting one that isn't at a complete ripoff price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

My TE arrived on friday from amazon had a voucher so decided to contribute the rest in addition to this there was problems with my fightpad (issues with diagonal jumps after a period) so it needs returning.

Have not had too much time to play so far with it,or in general for that matter. However what little ability I had is gone heh. It will defintely need some time to build back up and get used to the finger positions and such.

Nice item though!

hori arcade stick
    Yep, if you're anything like me it'll be a while before you can even throw fireballs out consistently again (and if you're even more like me, you'll still have that problem and avoid most fireball characters entirely! :pac:)

hori arcade stick
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I wouldn't think of it in those terms, dude (unless you're already very used to playing fighters on stick). Playing on a TE won't magically improve your game, in fact it'll probably set you back for a while as you make the adjustment from controller to stick - I'd say this would take a couple of weeks of play at the least. Just don't want you to get frustrated if you get your TE delivered and aren't instantly pulling off FADC ultra combos!

That said they are great yokes, and fair play on getting one that isn't at a complete ripoff price.
    yep i know it will take a while but combos metc on pads are too difficult - the stick will help a lot i think as my friend has a hori and seems pretty happy with it! ill be building slowly til i rule the tourneys lol!

and yes seems to be a great price so im delighted:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Yep getting used to the stick is odd - can see what shoto folks say about the square gate though the ducking shoryuken is great. Plus charge characters are viable for me now! I'm normally a ryu / akuma but since they're inconsistent for me at the minute I've been playing vega in g2 :D

The se definitely feels a little loose alright - the button presses are very spongy feeling and I'm finding I play better on the right now instead of left. Fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smdylan

was in gamestop in the pavillions in swords, i was looking around and noticed a rockband kit on the wall, so i looked around the wall area and seen four hori sticks two xbox two ps3 for 55 quid

i was planning on getting a stick anyway so i bought one for my xbox havent played with it yet as i got home late and its noisy as hell! but cant wait to try this out it looks nice and charge moves seem easy from messing with it on the bus.

just thought i'd let people know in case they wanted to pick up one :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hori arcade stick
    Ah, good ol' Hori EX2/FS3 sticks.

About to be replaced, too :):
    sukima065400-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Sneak peek at the new hori range.
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=209476

Gotta say, I like the look of some of those. I hope to god they are common ground with quick disconnects!!

Advertisement