Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Controller Screws

• 11-08-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

Problem with controller and I'm going to have to open it up.
    But it has a bizzare type of screw in it.

They look like standard torx head but they have a little piece protruding from the centre.
    None of my screwdrivers will work because of this little piece and was wondering what other people have used.
    Anything they've improvised with or anything.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭Hangover

They look like standard torx head but they have a little piece protruding from the centre.
    None of my screwdrivers will work because of this little piece and was wondering what other people have used.

Its a security fitting to prevent you from undoing them, should be able to get them from an electronics or tool shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Go to a decent tool shop and bring the controller and just ask do you have a head that will open these and they should be able to sort you out fairly quick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You could also try the old melted Bic biro method. Take the other casing of a bic biro, melt it until it is soft and mould it on the screw head and leave to set. You should have a makeshift screw driver. Beware o the noxious funes though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Too late.

I forced them out with a regular screw driver.
    Did some cosmetic damage too.

But she's working again so all is well that ends well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

My wired 360 pad has normal philips screws on it, which is weird. The two wireless ones are as you said though

• Advertisement
Advertisement