Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campus Accomodation

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm starting a masters in UCD this sept having done my undergrad in UCC.
    I'm considering applying for campus accommodation but am I probably too late?
    Also, which residences are for postgrads or do they mix both postgrads and undergrads together?
    I hope they don't send me to blackrock because my lectures are on campus! do they do that or do they just send smurfit-ers out there?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

Glenomena is for postgrads.
    I know some applications (for general accommodation, not specifically Glenomena) have been accepted for continuing UCD students but there should be more places available for those who are new. Ask quickly, before the CAO offers are out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BroadwayStar

Thank you!
    so Roebuck isn't designated to postgrads?
    Damn I heard it was nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i'm not sure if they let postgrads in.
    both roebuck hall & glenomena have ensuites which is excellent, but certainly glenomena doesn't have an oven (unless you provide your own which I know someone who did). not sure about roebuck though.

I'd say go for glenomena anyway, only final year undergrads can stay there (and yes, I am an undergrad so I am not being biased)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 BroadwayStar

Does anyone know why the utility fee is 48e in Glenomena 1&2 but a couple of hundred more in Glenomena 3?!

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees/#glenomena

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Does anyone know why the utility fee is 48e in Glenomena 1&2 but a couple of hundred more in Glenomena 3?!

http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees/#glenomena

In some Glen houses electricity is included in the utility fee, in others it isn't and you've to pay as you go for it which is why some houses have a smaller/larger fee.

• Advertisement
Advertisement