Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite caster class

• 11-08-2009 2:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

So whats every ones favourite caster DPS class? Reasons and all that about why you love the class, specs/spells or whatever :-D

Lately my druid has become a bit favourite! With the masses of haste from talents and gear, you cast fast and hard :-P raid buffed with bloodlust you have under 1 second casts and depending on whether u have eclipse up and whatever trinket procs the damage is unreal!Im naxx 10 with some conquest stuff and i can crit 9k with wrath every .86 seconds on bosses O.o nice or what!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Warlock for me,

It has been the most fun class to level by far, and I was loving demonology spec, tunring into a demon, having a felguard, thought I was the cheese. All through the instances in northrend I was whiping the meters.

However when I got to 80, and started heroics, I noticed my dps was rpetty low in comparison to other classes, I assumed it was gear. I knew Demo was a low dps spec, but I loved it so much, feeling destro was the poor mans mage.

However one of the irish lads helped me out, got me changed, and helped me with some gemming and stuff, and I've had an easy 1.5k dps increase, averaging between 2.5-2.8k dps, and I'm not even near geared as I would like.

Overall I'm loving the class, brining me great excitement and never been happier with wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭af666x

My mage - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Terenas&n=Akrath

Had a ball leveling him - twas really quick and little to nodowntime. Once I got to 80 and the gear got past a certain point the DPS skyrocketed!

I love the 4-part bonus from T8 - chain casting beefed up pyroblasts on Hodir is an unbelieveable amount of fun - critting for over 50k each hit!

Haven't looked back at my warrior (except for some PvP fun) since I made this guy my main.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

i loved leveling my warlock, it was great fun.... untill NR, but from 70-80 is a ****ign chore no matter which spec you take. Well it is for me. And end game raiding is just soooo boring. On the other hand i hated leveling my priest untill i got to 40, was fun for abotu 10 levels where nothing could kill you, then got dull at 60 again. But end game raiding as a SP is insane fun. holy/disc woudl be my main specs but i occasionally coem as SP when bored. Even in offspec gear, nothing tiered its still so easy to put full 25man ulduar geared locks and mages to shame in dps terms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Your locks and mages must be terriscrub Anti.

Mage for me, most fun I have ever had in WOW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah they are certainly not the may west at all mate. Dk's shammys, warriors and hunters and a few sp's are always at the top for us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭DarthWraak

Loved my warlock, playing him for 2 years on US. Very easy/fun to level and because I got a good start at Lich King was topping charts no prob :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭magilly

Warlock has always been my favorite class, have played one since the beginning, aq40/nax40/BT+sunwell and up to ulduar, the only time i was ever slightly bored with my locks was in BT/sunwell when i was basically forced to spec destro... and back then.... it was mega boring.

I think locks are in an awesome position right now, we're ahead of every caster class in terms of dps, with just mages coming close and the only class thats been able to outdps me regularly has been rogues.

I donno how you can think locks are boring yet sp's are awesome fun :D SP's are basically weak affliction locks, affliction requires good timing to maxiumise dps, and your rarely sitting there bored. Destro really isnt that boring anymore either, its got quite a nice little rotation when compared to mages or any of the hybrids, alot of huge numbers with incredible burst and great dmg over long fights.

So yeah... has to be locks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

I agree locks are great class to play. Some fights i can beat rogues/fury warriors. Yogg saron fight we totally own, as affliction and destro. Same with hodir/XT/ Iron council, we are in a great place ATM compared to last year when i first dinged 80.

Advertisement