Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Blues

• 11-08-2009 2:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I've said this in a previous thread, but for those of you who haven't read it, i'll mention it again. I'm moving home within the next year or so and I want some feedback on the good ol Blues. I live in the NY Metropolitan area now and hold season tickets to the New York Red Bulls soccer club in MLS.

Does anyone here support the Blues or go to matches? If so, how's the atmosphere? Are there a supporter's club? Any chance of them being promoted back up to the top divisoon?

(Mods, feel free to move the thread if you don't believe it belongs here..just let me know where you move it to! :))

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Yeah, I go to the games...

We have a good chance of going up this year. We're currently 2nd, 2 points off top.

We won the Munster Cup a few months back, and are in the League Cup final now aswell. It's gonna be in the RSC next month, against Bohs. The final will be on Setanta Sports.

Yeah, there's 2 main supporters clubs - The 'Blue Army Ultras' and 'BTID'...

There's a link to the main supporters forum: http://www.btid.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

blue-army wrote: »

We have a good chance of going up this year. We're currently 2nd, 2 points off top.

Could be 5 points come Saturday!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Could be 5 points come Saturday!;)

Jesus Gavin you must just search all forums for the word "Shels" a million times a day do you!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eightyhoursaway

thanks for all the feedback boys...i'm going to check out a match when i'm home next. how's the WRSC? from what i remember, it's a dump...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

thanks for all the feedback boys...i'm going to check out a match when i'm home next. how's the WRSC? from what i remember, it's a dump...

No it's a great job now in fairness. Been done up and it looks well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Did you have a pub on Ballybricken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Jesus Gavin you must just search all forums for the word "Shels" a million times a day do you!!! :D

Nope, seen the thread on "most recent posts" and said I'd have a luck. As for the RSC it's definitely one of the nicer stadium in the First Division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eightyhoursaway

aren't they buildin a new grandstand section to it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

aren't they buildin a new grandstand section to it?

They did. The website (http://www.waterford-united.ie/) has the new stadium in the background. The Gallery should have pics from recent games in the stadium also.

Advertisement