Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does mysterious know?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 3:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

as a member for a couple of months now (me) one poster seems to be geeting on everyone's wick! now are we all wrong all the time or have we been blessed in this our time of need with the world's greatest civil engineer:D:D:D
    just my opinion ,im sure you'll get ur kick out of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Someone really has too much to do with his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

we been blessed in this our time of need with the world's greatest civil engineer

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

attachment.php?attachmentid=87726&d=1249981598

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

I enjoy Mysterious's contribution to C&T and infrastructure, even when i've been disagreeing with him. Its the pedants who are on his case and love to stick their oar in at every opportunity and have their say thats annoying. Thats right Bards i'm referring to you and your 'contributions'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

But it's not pedantry to highlight huge flaws in "someone's" logic ;)

• Advertisement

Indeed Murph, to be fair you're right to call Mysterious on where he might be wrong. Its just when others try to jump in and have their own little pointless dig is where it all gets a bit annoying and trollsome.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

TBH I find it very hard to take anyone seriously (regardless of the topic in question) that appears to believe in some of the crap he believes in. Just do a search on some of his other posts over in C&T and the Palaeontology forum. Lizard people anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Ah Jesus lads. Mysterious is the court jester of Infrastructure and C&T. He makes me laugh. His unique writing style has great rhetorical power, and it's quite witty, too. I don't take him seriously.

BTW - I am now convinced that this forum needs more moderation.

Alun wrote: »
    TBH I find it very hard to take anyone seriously (regardless of the topic in question) that appears to believe in some of the crap he believes in. Just do a search on some of his other posts over in C&T and the Palaeontology forum. Lizard people anyone?

Well if we're working off that criteria then we can call plenty on this forum crackpots as well. Plenty folk here with an irrational fear of 'the pale', a fetish for Irelands ancient railways and their re-opening, as well as the parochials who can't see beyond their county boundary. Truly anyone who posts in these parts has to be a little crazy.

To the outsider observing people here squabbling over roads and planning and salivating over photos of construction sites i would guess they would have difficulty taking any one here seriously.

murphaph wrote: »
    But it's not pedantry to highlight huge flaws in "someone's" logic ;)

This is where I truly believe you are just been silly.

You have spent the last 2 weeks nit picking everything I have said to the point of been obsessive to prove your right and I'm wrong. and you still can't let it go.

The point you don't seem to get here.

I don't give a flying Jew of what you think of me or how my beliefs dissagree with you. I'm not affected to proven wrong either and this also is a clear message to you Murpaph.

I don't bring my personal life into this or personal beliefs into this either. (I've seen a few people on here take a shot with that already)

Take the joke on this thread about me, to be honest, I really don't have the time to even defend myself. I will stick to what my contribution to the thread and forum. I have enough respect to understand everyone has difference of opinions, and it's through difference of opinion things get moving on this forum. That's my final word on this thread. I feel embarrassed for the people dedicating a thread to take a shot at me.:o

Good luck with the thread. I'm done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

To the outsider observing people here squabbling over roads and planning and salivating over photos of construction sites i would guess they would have difficulty taking any one here seriously.

I appreciate the sentiment, but it beats stamp collecting. It's also superior to salivating over Eastenders or Big Brother or Home and Away or the memory of being on the piss last Saturday night and the amount of shots you had or Man U bucking nited.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I enjoy Mysterious's contribution to C&T and infrastructure, even when i've been disagreeing with him. Its the pedants who are on his case and love to stick their oar in at every opportunity and have their say thats annoying. Thats right Bards i'm referring to you and your 'contributions'.

Well,thankfully everybody is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with them or not on this internet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Well I think Mysterious has brought this on himself. If you look at post number 11 in the thread below, you will note that Mysterious' reply to my mistake was the height of arrogance. Correct me by all means but do so in a way that isn't devoid of good manners and competent social skills.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372963

Mysterious, I must be honest. If you and I were having the same conversation in person (as referenced in the above link) and you replied to me in that manner, a very skilled dentist would currently be refitting your gob.

Take your medicine. Speak your mind, but try and desist from being an arrogant know all. It will only endear you to those who also lack social skills.

And I don't want to hear from the Mysterious fan club either. If the man of the moment wants to respond to me then fair enough.

mfitzy wrote: »
    Well,thankfully everybody is entitled to their opinion whether you agree with them or not on this internet forum.

I'm just referring to a particular thread (M8 upgrade)where i felt there was some unneeded nit picking on the named posters part in his posts to poor ol' Mysterious, which is adding fuel to the fire. There is justified criticism and then there is goading and thats what it seemed to me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

I'm just referring to a particular thread (M8 upgrade)where i felt there was some unneeded nit picking on the named posters part in his posts to poor ol' Mysterious, which is adding fuel to the fire. There is justified criticism and then there is goading and thats what it seemed to me!.

If you have a problem with any of my posts report it, otherwise lay off the insults and goading yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭serfboard

No - the outside observer would take people who post here seriously. Seriously enough to give us a label - NERDS! :p
    Furet wrote: »
    I appreciate the sentiment, but it beats stamp collecting. It's also superior to salivating over Eastenders or Big Brother or Home and Away or the memory of being on the piss last Saturday night and the amount of shots you had or Man U bucking nited.

Funnily enough that raises an interesting point.

Salivating over:

Stamps
    Roads
    Computers

is nerdy behaviour

Salivating over:

Big Brother/Corrie/Soaps/TV
    Man United/soccer/sports
    Behaviour in the boozer last night/week/year yada yada

is not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I don't like the idea creating a thread about another poster to be honest. It seems that the OP has very little to do with his spare time.

Actually I have become aware of a higher rate of abuse thrown towards Mysterious lately which is not fair given that he does provide good updates on road projects at times and is able to see some bad road planning very easily.

It seems that he has shall we say ruffled a few feathers among some established boards members that go on the offensive any time he has to say something negative about a particular project in their area. The M9 springs to mind as a good example. I dont find his posts offensive either.

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Well I think Mysterious has brought this on himself. If you look at post number 11 in the thread below, you will note that Mysterious' reply to my mistake was the height of arrogance. Correct me by all means but do so in a way that isn't devoid of good manners and competent social skills.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372963

Mysterious, I must be honest. If you and I were having the same conversation in person (as referenced in the above link) and you replied to me in that manner, a very skilled dentist would currently be refitting your gob.

Take your medicine. Speak your mind, but try and desist from being an arrogant know all. It will only endear you to those who also lack social skills.

And I don't want to hear from the Mysterious fan club either. If the man of the moment wants to respond to me then fair enough.

I apologise for been abrupt in that post. It was a long time ago. But I really don't want to bring more attention to this thread, but just respond to that instance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

Apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Apology accepted.

Ok lets not go sucking each others d1cks just yet.

Peace in our time.

Mods, close the thread and all will be forgiven!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭deiseman21

firstly i would like to apologise to mysterious ,lets face it you were always going to get this kind of reaction:D nothing personal, infact i both and disaree agree with alot of your opinions

the whole point of this thread was to prove apoint of childishness and a lack of respect of other posters opinions, aswell as the schoolyard pointscoring, if you want to do this you can pm each other and leave the thread to the topic in hand.

who wants to be reading
    (poster # 1) - i said ........ in that post ,while (poster # 2) replies - but u said ....... in this post

lets face this whole thread has proved my point !
    and yes this shold be closed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Closed, yes.

Guys, you really should have a bit more copon than to start threads dissing each other - personal insults aren't allowed in posts so I've no idea why you think threads are more acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement