Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to City from Airport

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Hi all, I will be going to the airport to drop someone off on Saturday and have to meet some friends around the temple bar area later but I am not the best when it comes to driving in Dublin, what I was thinking of was driving from the airport and going through the mad cow heading for the city but hoping that there is somewhere then I can take the luas into town. Alternatively I could park in the Airport and take a bus into town but only as a last resort. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

what town do you live in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

If you don't like driving in Dublin not a bad plan. Parking at the airport is around €3 an hour, the Aircoach to town is €12 return, don't know how much you pay for the park and ride but all in all seems a god idea. Just don't get onto the wrong Luas line when you are heading back to pick up the car.

You could take the Port tunnel into town €3 on a saturday and park in Jurys on the North Wall. Then when you are heading home you only have to follow the Liffey to Heuston N4 / M50 / Mad cow N7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

BVB wrote: »
    what town do you live in
    Have a look at the user name it might give a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I could park in the Airport and take a bus into town but only as a last resort.
    Very messy and expensive.

Red Cow has park and ride for the Luas but wouldn't be great on a Saturday night, female on her own coming back at night, I wouldn't, unless they have stepped up security on it at night. :o

Better bet might be to get to a Northside Dart stop that has parking and get the Dart to Pearse Street?

trad wrote: »

But she could be living in the Big Smoke.

You could park you car at Malahide or Portmarnock or Sutton train station and get the dart into the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

Bit of a give away I guess :D
    Very messy and expensive.

I was thinking that as well.
    Red Cow has park and ride for the Luas but wouldn't be great on a Saturday night, female on her own coming back at night, I wouldn't, unless they have stepped up security on it at night.

Only staying for a few hours so I would be hoping to leave around the 6 mark. I was actually going to ask about this option. How do I get to the park and ride? Do I head out the N7 and turn left at some stage for the park and ride? I have seen the place a couple of times but wasn't sure how to get into the place although I have never tried.

By the way, I'm male :D

Don't really want to have to park around Portmarnock or so as I will be going back to Kilkenny.

By the way, I'm male :D

Don't really want to have to park around Portmarnock or so as I will be going back to Kilkenny.

Sorry .

What abour parking in Maynooth and getting the train into the city . Then you will be near the N4

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Yes if you leave the airport heading for the south (i.e. via the Red Cow) Follow the signs for the South as you approach the new junction. Shortly after you have merged with traffic from the city heading south - there is a sign and a lane for park and ride on your left.

hope this helps

Thanks Peter, it sounds like the best option I think. Where would I take the luas to if I was heading to temple bar anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

Thanks Peter, it sounds like the best option I think. Where would I take the luas to if I was heading to temple bar anyone?

Jervis Street....get off there and walk across to Temple Bar

Jervis Street....get off there and walk across to Temple Bar

Sorted, thanks Peter.

Advertisement