Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Address Security Cameras

Options
  • 11-08-2009 9:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,

I am a retailer trying to get a security camera system that has a good frames per second record rate (12+) and a high quality picture that will enable me to zoom in on playback with out pixelation. Currently I have a DVR system which looks good in real time but on playback once I zoom in pixelations occurs immediately.

I have spent a lot of time looking into this and now realise that an IP Address Camera system with digital cameras is the most suitable fit for what I require.

The problem is I don't know which cameras to go for or what recording system to use. Prices have varied greatly from the quotes I have received. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Tim M-U

Hi, I recommend you contact Altor via boards PM as he is a real genious on security systems!

Edit: also, could you please answer this poll on security alarms and annoyance! Thanks!: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055654817

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've used Axis cameras in the past and they worked really well.
    What make of DVR do you have. It could be set up wrong and the compression settings may be too low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cycling4life

Hi All,

Went with the Axis cameras and they worked a treat! Many thanks for your help.

Advertisement