Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTI book

Options
  • 11-08-2009 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how long these take to arrive? I've just been diagnosed with diabetes and everything is adding up quickly. The nurse in the hospital sent away for one last week for me. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Hi there, I can't tell you exactly how long it takes for a new LTI to be approved, etc., but anytime that I've had to had a new prescription approved and added to my LTI booklet I've to send it off and it's usually back within a week. Hopefully it should arrive soon for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ring and ask. Many of the offices will put one up on the system for you immediately- but sometimes only run off the books themselves in batches, once a forthnight or a month. You should ring and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭mrsweebri

thanks for the quick reply folks i will look into it

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

With my son i had a letter from the hospital.
    I just gave the letter to the chemist and it never cost anything.
    Only took a week for the book to come.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Your pharmacy may also be willing to help you out a little - See if you pay now will they be willing to pay you back once you show your LTI book. Many might only send in their receipts at the end of a calendar month which would give you time to get your book sorted. Obviously you'd pay in the meantime but it would be with a view to getting it back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement