Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Meteor 5c texts?

• 11-08-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having problem been charged for these 5C texts at full price despite paying for the bundle?

I've just noticed after paying for the €7.50 bundle of 150txts(http://www.meteor.ie/plans/pay_as_you_go/latest_offers/5c_texts/) that my credit kept going down and did a few test txts and indeed it is going down.
    Plus texting info to 50104 txts back an ad for the bundle instead of telling me how many txts i've left.
    Checked mymeteor.ie, and call/txt history only goes to Aug 4th where 5c txts were rightly in operation since i bought the bundle on Aug 2nd.

There is no way i've used up 150 txts already, would be lucky to have hit 50!(on checking sent items on phone its 58!) & cust care is extremely busy hence asking here!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Most likely due to the system upgrade that took place last week, they are still having problems with it. Your best bet is to ring customer care (1905) and tell them what has happened, most likely will be fixed there and then for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

i'm also having difficulty with the 5c text add on, I rang Meteor today and they told me to use the text add service because I couldn't use the website however when I tried to use the free text number to get the add on the reply text said I was on a different price plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I was 45min onto 1905 waiting, gave up. I will try ringing later and let ye know.

I seriously encourage people on this add-on to check that they are not been overcharged!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

It took me around 47 minutes to get through then I was put on hold for another 10 mins then I was disconnected. It's really frustrating Meteor seem to be having major problems with their IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Finally got through to Meteor after many attempts, took about 20minutes tonight at this hour before the phone battery went dead.
    They checked my details and stuff and agreed there was indeed overcharging due to the 'revamp' and promptly gave me some credit for the hassle.

Also the operator agreed that there are other people having the same issues so there maybe people out there not knowing that they are paying for 12c txts instead of the prepaid 5c texts!

Advertisement