Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internationals this week [may contain scores]

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Mind-numbing stuff this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Redzer7 wrote: »
    England V Holland
    1 nil Holland Kuyt 10 mins gone

are we meant to use spoiler tags for scores even in the match threads?? i thought you just weren't meant to put scores in the thread title..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Harpy wrote: »
    are we meant to use spoiler tags for scores even in the match threads?? i thought you just weren't meant to put scores in the thread title..
    Don't know but if it stops me from being banned from the soccer forum for a stupid reason then I don't mind doing it :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Don't know but if it stops me from being banned from the soccer forum for a stupid reason then I don't mind doing it :).

yeah i get ya, i was worrying after seeing you spoilering it, i had talked about it so i was like sh*t.. must go have an ol' read of the rules for myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

england are in big trouble

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

£12m? you're having a laugh. Delph for England WC squad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jebus two dozy stupid moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Kuyt is an unbelievable man. The crowd adore him, and rightly so. Does he ever stop running around?

When the came on in the pres-season it was like the old season hadn't ended. We love Dirky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Great goal from Defoe there. Already contributed more in 3 minutes than Heskey did in his 45.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I've edited the thread title so there's no need to use spoilers, though thanks for thinking of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Headshot wrote: »
    oh i thought it was a away

my mistake

argentina havent lost at home just drawn i think

imagine if a proper manager was in charge of argentina id put them as favourites for the WC without any doubt

Actually they have lost at least once at home (in qualifiers), 0-5 to a Faustino Asprilla inspired Colombia in the '94 qualifiers.

They also lost at home to Italy in the group stages of the '78 World Cup before going on to win it.

As for Maradona, he's already making excuses that he doesn't get enough time to prepare his players, thus they can't be expected to play ''the Maradona way''.

He then gave out about the inconvenience of having to play a friendly against Russia a month before the Brazil fixture, before standing up an international media at a scheduled press conference in Moscow.

I know Maradona is a God in Argentina, but I imagine the players, upon meeting him, understand why you should never meet your heroes.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Actually they have lost at least once at home (in qualifiers), 0-5 to a Faustino Asprilla inspired Colombia in the '94 qualifiers.

They also lost at home to Italy in the group stages of the '78 World Cup before going on to win it.

As for Maradona, he's already making excuses that he doesn't get enough time to prepare his players, thus they can't be expected to play ''the Maradona way''.

He then gave out about the inconvenience of having to play a friendly against Russia a month before the Brazil fixture, before standing up an international media at a scheduled press conference in Moscow.

I know Maradona is a God in Argentina, but I imagine the players, upon meeting him, understand why you should never meet your heroes.
    i stand corrected,next time ill google

as for maradona he'll be gone soon enough,cant see them winning against brazil

carrick has played great stuff since he came on for england

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Huge crowd at Azteca for Mex-USA 114,000. Hazy Hot & Humid

And...
    Charlie Davies put the US up. Mex fans are stunned.

FatherTed wrote: »
    Huge crowd at Azteca for Mex-USA 114,000. Hazy Hot & Humid

And...
    Charlie Davies put the US up. Mex fans are stunned.

how are the usa playing and no need for spoilers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

ferdi wrote: »
    some syndicated documentry crap with an irish voice over...

Oh i hate that ****ing guy whoever he is. Grrr

/shakes fist

England won the second half 2-0 :D

Exellent work by DeFoe, Cole, Milner and SWP to a lesser degree. In fact if it were not for 4/5 truely shocking slack passes in the defensive third Capello would have been really happy.

Where's the USA game on folks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

no comment on the ireland australia match.....no comment whatsoevr

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

streams

sorry i cant provide one,im not actually watching the game

• Advertisement

1-1 now, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

mike65 wrote: »
    England won the second half 2-0 :D

Exellent work by DeFoe, Cole, Milner and SWP to a lesser degree. In fact if it were not for 4/5 truely shocking slack passes in the defensive third Capello would have been really happy.

You can't read too much into this. The subs ruined a game that the Dutch where dominating in the first half.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »

I'm in the US.

Castro gets a nice goal for Mexico to tie it up, good shot about 20 yards out. Mexico has most of the possession and have created some good chances. The US, Davies especially look dangerous on the break. Ref has been inconsistent, gave a few yellows to US none to Mexico. 1-1 half time.

try this stream
    http://envivo.terra.com/deportes/live/259-eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Spain have come from 2-0 down in Macedonia to lead 2-3...

Rekop dog wrote: »
    You can't read too much into this. The subs ruined a game that the Dutch where dominating in the first half.

I'm not, England were 2-0 down, they got back on level terms playing well. That is my only observation.

Anyone watching Spain?

Torres, Riera and Pique scored - dedications all round to Jarque.

In Mexico, Howard makes a great save from Dos Santos. Later some hand bags. 15 minutes left still 1-1, Altidore on for the US.

Sabah scores for Mexico 2-1 now. 7 mins left.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

ferdi wrote: »
    no comment on the ireland australia match.....no comment whatsoevr
    Maybe that has something to do with the fact that it has it's very own thread?

Great stuff by England last night, in the past they would never have drawn level after going 2 down.

While Mexico deserved to win, the ref was truely awful. How Torado did not get a Red Card for this I'll never know:

ccbd4b55c6a50dda20616d71c25820c4-getty-88757821dm_usa_mexico.jpg

Also the behaviour of some of the Mexican fans was thuggish, throwing stuff on the field when the US scored and whenever the US had a corner. It was a funny sight in the second half when Donovan was taking a corner with the riot police trying to protect him with their shields from the flying bottles etcs being thrown.

280d99a98197aca18d7e8ed77c8dfc1c-getty-88757821dm_usa_mexico.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mexico beating the US would be a shock..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Disgusted Mexico won. Terrible behaviour from the fans and some players. The US put in some great crosses and definitely deserved something from the game.

Advertisement