Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coverband looking for gigs abroad

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi we a 3-piece covers band and are looking to get gigs abroad (ie spain) maybe a stint in a few irish bars, does anybody know which way to go about it or is there an agency you can go to.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Hiya

Not sure about agencies but I've seen ads in the situations vacant section of the evening papers, try the Herald etc. employment ads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

alan62 wrote: »
    Hi we a 3-piece covers band and are looking to get gigs abroad (ie spain) maybe a stint in a few irish bars, does anybody know which way to go about it or is there an agency you can go to.
    I've done this before, tis a 'colourful' way of life ;)

There was an ad on Gumtree recently from a bar in Canaries looking for solo or duo act IIRC. Other than that, search for websites/bebos/facebooks/myspaces of all or any Irish bars in the main resorts and contact them directly. To be honest, the time to do this is in off peak season, when they are planning the coming year. We're mid-August now, those places will all be jam packed so Bar Owners will be too wasted won't have time to reply to emails or calls etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 alan62

Cheers yeah planning this for next year,thanks for info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dalysirishbar

:)
    alan62 wrote: »

hi . i have a bar in the algarve portugal.if you want please email me on kieranddaly2002@yahoo.com with details...kieran daly:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 dalysirishbar

hi. what sort of stuff do you do,,,and what instruments do you play...are you on youtube or other so as to see... kieranddaly@hotmail.com
    p.s i own a bar in portugal....dalys bar look up on facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement