Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC modem connection from PC prob.

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

HI,

Got the 10mb package there last week - happy days. PS3 connected (wired) and playing away online. Laptops connected wirelessly no probs.

Problem - desktop pc isn't seeing the UPC modem/router at all. I have a Belkin wireless g adapter (pci) installed (worked for previous eircom bb), but when I scan for networks, it finds loads of networks around me (apartment block), some are eircom, some netgear routers and also last night it showed another tenant's UPC network, BUT it doesn't find mine at all?? Any ideas?

Also, I can't find where I get the username/pas to access my router page? I know i can ring upc later on, but if there's a standard first-time one, please let me know.

Appreciate your thoughts,

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i'd try changing the wireless channel first off.

i had one laptop in the house that could never connect to my wireless, even though my ps3, wii, mobile phone, netbook and another router all connected fine. turned out that it just didn't like that particular wifi channel and it's been fine since i changed to a different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

thanks very much - I'll give that a go when I get home.

Advertisement