Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the difference???

Options
  • 11-08-2009 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

So...
    I'm going to Electric Picnic. Should be fun.
    But I'm curious.

Brian Wilson will be there. I hear he plays all of the Beach Boys stuff, so I've been listening to all of their stuff in preparation.

I'm confused what to think with some of the other bands.

2 Many DJs are playing, but 2 Many DJs are just Soulwax with another name.
    They don't have any albums of their own (although they have one joint with Soulwax...?)

Likewise with Pat Mahoney and James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem. LCD aren't playing, but Pat and James are. So will it just be LCD Soundsystem material?

Is this is problem with promoters perhaps? That they can't play two rival promoters' gigs and therefore a second name beats that rap?Or some other weird reason.

Last year I saw Grinderman (Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds) and Conor Oberst's Mystic Valley band, but they have material released under those names.

What you reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Both are DJ sets.

2 many Dj's had a massive selling mix album called As Heard On Radio Soulwax Part 2. They play alot of Electro type House mashed up with old classic rock etc.

James Murphy had a mix out for Fabric which I never heard but is supposed to be very Disco influenced. Fabric Live 36 I think it was and Mahoney had some input on this.

In short listen to those 2 albums and you will know what to expect and do not expect to hear any LCD Soundsystem or Soulwax songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭silverwater

Fook.

Thanks man.

Advertisement