Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road Works around Dundalk

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

There seems to be a lot of road works going on around the Town.
    I was driving down Stapleton Drive (The road from Hill Street to Ramparts Road that runs beside the Old Shopping Centre) and they were resurfacing the road.

Then on the Avenue Road there was one of them machines to rip up the surface of the road.

There was also working being done on the Dublin Road.

I also seen road works signs on the Clanbrassil Street.

I heard they are also going to be resurfacing Mount Avenue.

Anyone know of anywhere else they are going to be resurfacing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

They are also on the old coe's road, and as usual it is Firms from outside the Republic that got the contracts. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: So much for SHOP DUNDALK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Probably because they are cheaper!!!

Incidentially I also see they are replacing the crash barrier on the on-slip to the M1 and it's an outside firm as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

About feckin' time they sorted out that junction at DSC/Dublin st McDonalds...even going over it at 20km/h, you'd need to be in a 4X4. Av rd is long overdue as well.
    I reckon they're using money that was earmarked for the project to remove hill st bridge which isn't going to happen for the forseeable future.
    As for northern contractors getting it? They tendered and they won...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Wertz wrote: »
    As for northern contractors getting it? They tendered and they won...

Exactly. Irish contractors would have tendered but were too pricey. Simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

About time that the towns roads get a facelift.. irrespective of the contractors. LCC would claim to be cash strapped anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement