Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish on-road Grand Prix : August 29th and 30th

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

O.R.C.A. are hosting Ireland’s largest on-road nitro event yet, scheduled to take place on the weekend of the 29th and 30th of August, 2009 in St. Anne’s Park, Raheny, County Dublin.

The permanent RC facility will host the two-day event and will incorporate the following :
    • SATURDAY :The track will be open for all, from 10:00am to 6:00pm for free practice in all on-road classes.
    • SUNDAY : Sunday will provide for 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale 200mm nitro classes. A “Ready-To-Run” class will also be run, as will a 1/10th 190mm electric touring class. The track action will begin with open practice in each class, followed by 4 rounds of qualification “heats” and finally by finals adhering to a bump-up system.

The Irish GP will feature :
    - Large trophies for 1st to 3rd place in each class’s main finals. Further trophies and prizes will be awarded for - the best bodyshell at the event - the youngest competitor - the fastest lap of the day – and for the highest placed junior competitor.

- Complimentary food and drink will be provided in a gazebo.

- A dedicated timing-system operator.

- A speaker located at the driver’s rostrum, a screen displaying lap times located in the pit-lane, a compressor for general use, and transponders will be available for those without personal transponders.

-Fuel (16% and 25% Nitro) will be available on both Saturday and Sunday, along with tyres for both 1/8th and 200mm classes. Also, race results will be published on the popular RedRC(www.redrc.net) and ORCA(www.orcaireland.ie) websites.

O.R.C.A. welcomes both newcomers and veterans to the event with the aim of continuing the high-quality racing that has taken place during the 2009 season so far. Everyone is invited to attend, family and friends, car enthusiasts and racers of all levels. ORCA appreciates everybody’s presence at the Irish GP.

For organizational purposes, entrance is by pre-registration only, but this couldn’t be simpler. There are 2 possible methods :

1) E-mail "events@orcaireland.ie".
    2) Send a text message to Brendan Lawlor with the details below. (087-2512422)

In either case, please include the following information : Your full name, frequency used, the classes you’re participating in, contact information, and the number of your personal transponder (if available).

Registration for the Irish GP will close on the evening of Wednesday the 26th of August. Finally, a registration fee of €10 applies for each driver, regardless of the number of classes the driver enters.

We very much look forward to having you compete. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread, or on the O.R.C.A. forum. Also, please check www.orcaireland.ie for news and updates.

The Irish GP invitational letter is attached, as is a promotional flyer for the racing taking place in St. Anne's Park, along with a photo of the permanent RC-track.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Why the sarcasm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭the_wheel_turns

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

Can I run rubber tires in electric class and brushed motor with NiMh batt? Or I need BL + lipo? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 IanCA

fallaci wrote: »
    Can I run rubber tires in electric class and brushed motor with NiMh batt? Or I need BL + lipo? Thanks

Hi Fallaci, you can run brushed motors as long as they're 19.5 turns, and you can run rubber tyres and NiMH battery packs.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

eerm... partially. I have 23T motor

Unfortunately, in order to minimise the difference in the speed of the cars (to ensure closer racing, and try to eliminate accidents) only a 10.5 turn motor will be allowed.

Please note however, the O.R.C.A. Irish Grand Prix is being organised to specifically promote on-road nitro racing in Ireland, in both 1/8th and 1/10th 200mm scales. The electric touring car class will act as a support class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

good to see you guys are still going strong, i might dust off one or 2 of my cars and get down, though i doubt a VoneRRR and a nova rossi are still current technology :rolleyes: if i bring my RS4 instead whats permitted in the pullstart class? im running a stock .15 and foams that ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

projectgtr, dust that RRR off mate the lads are still running them and novarossi engine will still do just fine.

projectgtr wrote: »
    good to see you guys are still going strong, i might dust off one or 2 of my cars and get down, though i doubt a VoneRRR and a nova rossi are still current technology :rolleyes: if i bring my RS4 instead whats permitted in the pullstart class? im running a stock .15 and foams that ok??

Hi projectgtr, foams and a .15 engine will be fine. Good to have you come out!

• Advertisement

projectgtr, dust that RRR off mate the lads are still running them and novarossi engine will still do just fine.

colm???

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Yes Anto

Yes Anto

just checking :D thought i remembered the username, ill be down for sure just not sure with what, must check all my gear to see if it still works, still have the rs4 its sitting there all minty with a new engine ready for break-in so i might drop down with that if the Vone gives me hastle. If not ill be down all the same, talk to you then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jazzjazz

IanCA wrote: »
    O.R.C.A. are hosting Ireland’s largest on-road nitro event yet, scheduled to take place on the weekend of the 29th and 30th of August, 2009 in St. Anne’s Park, Raheny, County Dublin.

The permanent RC facility will host the two-day event and will incorporate the following :
    • SATURDAY :The track will be open for all, from 10:00am to 6:00pm for free practice in all on-road classes.
    • SUNDAY : Sunday will provide for 1/8th scale and 1/10th scale 200mm nitro classes. A “Ready-To-Run” class will also be run, as will a 1/10th 190mm electric touring class. The track action will begin with open practice in each class, followed by 4 rounds of qualification “heats” and finally by finals adhering to a bump-up system.

The Irish GP will feature :
    - Large trophies for 1st to 3rd place in each class’s main finals. Further trophies and prizes will be awarded for - the best bodyshell at the event - the youngest competitor - the fastest lap of the day – and for the highest placed junior competitor.

- Complimentary food and drink will be provided in a gazebo.

- A dedicated timing-system operator.

- A speaker located at the driver’s rostrum, a screen displaying lap times located in the pit-lane, a compressor for general use, and transponders will be available for those without personal transponders.

-Fuel (16% and 25% Nitro) will be available on both Saturday and Sunday, along with tyres for both 1/8th and 200mm classes. Also, race results will be published on the popular RedRC(www.redrc.net) and ORCA(www.orcaireland.ie) websites.

O.R.C.A. welcomes both newcomers and veterans to the event with the aim of continuing the high-quality racing that has taken place during the 2009 season so far. Everyone is invited to attend, family and friends, car enthusiasts and racers of all levels. ORCA appreciates everybody’s presence at the Irish GP.

For organizational purposes, entrance is by pre-registration only, but this couldn’t be simpler. There are 2 possible methods :

1) E-mail "events@orcaireland.ie".
    2) Send a text message to Brendan Lawlor with the details below. (087-2512422)

In either case, please include the following information : Your full name, frequency used, the classes you’re participating in, contact information, and the number of your personal transponder (if available).

Registration for the Irish GP will close on the evening of Wednesday the 26th of August. Finally, a registration fee of €10 applies for each driver, regardless of the number of classes the driver enters.

We very much look forward to having you compete. If you have any questions, please feel free to post in this thread, or on the O.R.C.A. forum. Also, please check www.orcaireland.ie for news and updates.

The Irish GP invitational letter is attached, as is a promotional flyer for the racing taking place in St. Anne's Park, along with a photo of the permanent RC-track.
    hello,passed by the race track and im so impressed! by the way, is your club open to female?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

New members always welcome including females. Unfortunately the outdoor season is finished (due to weather) but the club will be running an indoor electric series in Summerhill, Co. Meath for the Winter - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055703752

Advertisement