Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Amsterdam?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I know there are a few boardies who have lived in the Netherlands, but does anyone have any experience with the Amsterdam housing market? More specifically, renting an apartment?

I had heard that the requirements here (huge deposits, minimum income requirements and other stipulations) were a pain but this is ridiculous. I've been searching for a 3 bedroom apartment at a close enough distance from the Spui, but I am basically being rejected at every turn. Ok, fair enough so we're 3 students, but it shouldn't be this hard. I know our budget (€1500 approx per month) is more than enough.

Is there any way to get an apartment privately? As in cut out the agency altogether?

Comments

Advertisement