Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nct question

• 11-08-2009 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

My car had its NCT in May. It failed because it needs two rear shocks replaced. I had 3 weeks to reapply but I had to go abroad to take care of something and it took longer than I thought it would to get back and so when I got back I reapplied for a whole new test and I have a date for November.

Now, if I get pulled over, can I show the guards my appointment letter and my document about the shocks? would that be enough not to get 5 points on my licence?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The letter should be enough, although if I were you i'd keep checking the website for cancellations - if you're a bit flexible re time you'll easily get a date within a week or two. I take it you've replaced the shocks already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Im hoping to within the next two weeks.

Booking letter will be fine once the shocks are done and you can prove it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

RoverJames wrote: »
    Booking letter will be fine once the shocks are done and you can prove it.

OK. So if I get the shocks done, show my original document that says the shocks failed, show the document/recept from the garage that says the shocks were put in, and the NCT appt letter, I'll be fine.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

OK. So if I get the shocks done, show my original document that says the shocks failed, show the document/recept from the garage that says the shocks were put in, and the NCT appt letter, I'll be fine.

Thanks.
    I'd say so, but there are no guarantees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement