Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too old for the gaeltacht????

• 11-08-2009 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hey, I was exempt from Irish, so I never went to the gaeltacht, but would now love to go.:)
    But it seems to be full of 4th years & I'm not sure if it's considered normal for someone older to go (me being 20). Is there a time of year that's only for adults? (during school term maybe?)
    I just wouldn't feel comfortable being with a bunch of teenagers.

Thanks in advance for the info,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Ah jaysus man, I'm 26 and I go. It's a great craic, you won't feel out of place. Nobody is too old for the gaeltacht. Alot of them have week long courses for adults.. That would probably suit you better. Although, don't limit yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

You could go to Oideas Gael in the Donegal Gaeltacht. You might be the youngest person there though! If you're in a third-level college you could join a Cumann Gaelach as they will always have at least one trip a year to a Gaeltacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Yeah, I guess that was a bit of a stupid question (sorry about that:D)

Thanks for the info guys, I'll go as soon as possible, & shall be fluent in no time!!! lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good man Jay, best of luck.

Advertisement