Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fullers

• 11-08-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Have to say Im lovin all the Fullers range at the minute. I think a vist to one of their pubs is a must next time Im over in the UK. Are they all over the country or only in the greater London area?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

They are based in Chiswick ( West London )

However I was recently on holiday in Sussex , they have taken over Gales Ales and a lot of the pubs in Sussex were Fullers ( great stuff )

Most of their pubs ( apart from the aformentioned ) are in West London indeed. However my brother worked for them and managed pubs in Reading and Guildford during his time .

Enjoy , nothing beats a pint of Pride if you ask me ! But it has to be well kept .

BTW , Tescos have reduced the prices of Pride from 2.49 to 1.99 since their ' Change for Good ' thingie.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You can barely throw a stone anywhere in London without hitting a Fuller's house.

The Victoria on Strathearn Place, near Paddington Station, is a lovely Fuller's pub and has won lots of awards. It's where to go for a textbook pint of Pride (or the eminently superior [IMO] ESB). In Paddington itself, the Fuller's-run Mad Bishop and Bear is a cut above your typical railway station bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Anoeta wrote: »
    Have to say Im lovin all the Fullers range at the minute. I think a vist to one of their pubs is a must next time Im over in the UK. Are they all over the country or only in the greater London area?

Here is a link to a Google map of all there pubs in the greater London area

As beer nut said it hard to hit a fuller pub in London, but if you want to try the like of ESB, Golden pride you may need to research your pubs a little more

The doric arch (Euston station) is another good fullers pub which generally served their range. But also it near or short pub craw from some other really good pubs in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Plenty of pubs in the Kensington area selling Pride, absolutely love London Pride.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Is you're staying in WC1 there is a Fullers pub just up the road from The St. Giles Hotel on Tottenham Court Road that seels Pride, Golden Pride, ESB and the rest, one of the cheapest places I've ever drank a pint in central London too, lovely little spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

Got some more bottles of pride in tesco's last nite, it is lovely, although it doesnt' taste so good near the bottem of the glass when its warmer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Agree Beanstalk. Tastes good initially but tastes awful once you are past halfway through the glass. Won't be getting those bottles again but will try the drink when i'm in the UK next time as people have said here its much better on tap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I presume some of the London pubs would have Fuller's from a cask?

---

Do any outlets in Ireland beat Tesco for price?

I drank Fuller's exclusively for a while, very very hard to drink the likes of Carlsberg\Heineken\Budweiser\Foster's etc. once you've had a taste..

Also like Fuller's Organic Honey Dew, but I've only spotted that in O'Brien's and the price is a bit rich for my wallet.

Amalgam wrote: »
    Mostly. I've never seen the keg version, though it does exist.
    Also like Fuller's Organic Honey Dew, but I've only spotted that in O'Brien's and the price is a bit rich for my wallet.
    Tesco do it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Beer Nut

---

I drank Fuller's exclusively for a while, very very hard to drink the likes of Carlsberg\Heineken\Budweiser\Foster's etc. once you've had a taste.

Very hard to drink it even before,

But any way as my esteemed name sake says, tesco do it and most of the large independents do it as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The Organic Honeydew is my favourite drink at the moment. It's so nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Des wrote: »
    The Organic Honeydew is my favourite drink at the moment. It's so nice.
    Only warning about this is it is very difficult to get a decent pint on tap. Great in bottles, almost tasteless on tap even in Fuller's pubs.

I like Pride but if you are over try a few of the other real ales you'll see around.

Got some more bottles of pride in tesco's last nite, it is lovely, although it doesnt' taste so good near the bottem of the glass when its warmer.

YOu have to drink two bottles at a time , have one chilled , one room temp

Mix them as you drink , and then they are the perfect temp ( cellar temp )

Enjoy !

I get things from room temp to cellar temp by giving them ten minutes in the freezer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

Any decent offie will stock it e.g. Redmonds, Deveneys, even my local offie has it.

Honey Dew is in Tesco's right now I think it's the same price as Pride 1.99

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

---

Do any outlets in Ireland beat Tesco for price?

I drank Fuller's exclusively for a while, very very hard to drink the likes of Carlsberg\Heineken\Budweiser\Foster's etc. once you've had a taste..

I can only drink bitter now since I started on Pride.

While it is great to have Pride here in bottles, still no comparison with what you get from having it pumped in pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Fullers... mmmm second in preference to Brakspears but a stunning beer all the same... :) If you can get it, ESB is actually far heavier and flavoursome than Pride and an absolute treat (if not a head-wreck at 6.3% abv ;)) especially on draught..... Ironically, the state we're in, it comes to something when you can buy a pint of Pride in the centre of the City of London for £3.30 :eek:

Even at today's exchange rates, it beats the bolls off an often iffy pint of stout rolling in at €4.20++ , or God-Forbid (we've reduced the cost of our pint bottle because we know money doesn't grow on trees :mad: Bulsh**mers (retailling at my local now at the reduced price of €5.00)) ........(I like Bulmers btw just find the price offensive when the near-same can be bought in cans as strongbow for 1/3rd + less)

FBP.

I have two bottles of ESB with my name on them , one in the fridge .....

mmmmmmmmmm

And no , Pride in a bottle is not a patch on the real thing , but it's better than nothing in this Fullers desert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Cask London Pride is available in the majority of pubs in London, and if you think the bottled version is good, the Cask version will blow you away.

But of course, don't forget to try some other Ales when you're over. Timothy Taylor Landlord is my personal favourite, and not too hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Love the ESB myself, but the best bit about Fullers is the bottle shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,079 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

+1 n the Timothy Taylors on cask!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭ollaetta

I've been a fan of Pride and Honey Dew for a long time but I strongly recommend their London Porter which I discovered a few weeks ago in the Porterhouse (bottles only). Rich and flavoursome, it's as good a porter as you will find anywhere. Go Fullers!

Had it on cask recently.
    O.
    M.
    G.

Tragically they don't produce much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

BeerNut wrote: »
    Had it on cask recently.
    O.
    M.
    G.

Tragically they don't produce much.

The London porter? Had it on cask in the old pack horse in Chiswick. Definitely in the top 10 beers I have ever drank. Magnificent
    It sadly wasn't there when I went back. So I had to make do with ESB instead. Tragic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

They have Fullers ESB, London Pride, London Porter, Discovery, 1845 and India Pale Ale in Supervalu on Aston quay. They are all €2.59, except the Pride which is €2.70 (so if you want LP go to Tesco).

Well they had the India Pale Ale. Someone bought the last bottle yesterday, but maybe they had more in a storeroom.

Well they had the India Pale Ale. Someone bought the last bottle yesterday, but maybe they had more in a storeroom.
    I'd be interested to know what you think. I hated it: tastes of puke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭guildofevil

Would have been better if you had told me that after I tried it. I'm nervous now.

• Advertisement

Would have been better if you had told me that after I tried it. I'm nervous now.

I thought it was all right.

beernut have you gone back to check it was not just an off bottle?

Advertisement