Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to buy a 1 TB Hard Drive

• 11-08-2009 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Dont want to buy a usb one. just want a 1tb Hard drive basic for my desktop.

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I seen a very reasonably priced one in easons last week. Can remember the price but I think it was €99,99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

it 79.99. wonder if thats the best Im goin to get. them usb ones break after a while. and thats why want just the basic hard drive itself for my desk top computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

cable842 wrote: »
    Dont want to buy a usb one. just want a 1tb Hard drive basic for my desktop.

Anyone know where the cheapest place is to get one

Well do you want to buy a bulky (i.e. cheap but not very portable) or small one (i.e expensive but portable)? Do you want one with its one fan or not? Power supply or not?

I saw ones for about €80 in Harvey Normans if you just want masses of space and don't care how big physically the drive is. Middle of the road there as about €130 and there was a 1TB that connects and stream directly to your TV for about €180. Accessory store in Cork City Centre has them for (I think!) €70, let me know if you want directions to it.

edit: ah should have read properly, you mean you want to install into your desktop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

bulky last longer them usbs ones dont any all. yea I said I want it for my desktop. didnt say computer cause thought people would know.

bulky is better breaks less.

do yea think 80 is the cheapest i'll get

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Easons seem to be the best deal now... If you find any better than 79.99 please let me know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Easons seem to be the best deal now... If you find any better than 79.99 please let me know

Unless they have reduced them in the last couple of days or they are cheaper in some of their stores then the price is 89euro

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

ttm wrote: »
    Unless they have reduced them in the last couple of days or they are cheaper in some of their stores then the price is 89euro

Yup thats the correct price.

Advertisement