Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electrolysis on facial hair??

• 11-08-2009 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm thinking of having electrolysis on my chin and upper lip..has anyone any experience of having this done?? Good/Bad? Any good places in Dublin to reccommend??? I wax the upper lip at the moment - nightmare - and have noticed increased hair on my chin but dont want to start waxing it also! Advice would be appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 taffyl

Hi have finally got around to tackling my beard (it actually really is - nice)
    Had one "trial" session in Anne Mc Devitt in Wicklow street, therapist was nice enough but trying to sell me four products to 'make sure my skin was in good condition for the therapy'. When I went to receptionist to pay she seemed a bit snooty that I said I didn't want to buy anything that day.
    Also they charged me quite a high price for an initial session that wasn't 15 minutes of electrolysis (charged me their 30 min price) but I do accept the therapist had to spend longer going through the signing of forms etc.
    Wasn't that impressed so went to Carters in Dun Laoghaired for second session - more relaxed, therapist told me would probably need about 10 sessions with more spaced out sessions for the stragglers. Price about the same. Doesn't really hurt, some of the stronger hairs do hurt though. First session was more sore - will see how it goes i guess, hope it works

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mini mouse

op how long have you been waxing ?
    sometimes if you've been waxing for a while it can distort the hair follicle , basically curving it, which makes it hard for the electrolysis needle to get down to the base of the follicle , where it needs to be!
    If you have been waxing a long time i would reccommend laser over electrolysis , but also to have laser the hairs need to be dark, as the laser will not work on light hairs!
    electrolysis isnt painful if it's done properly, a ittle uncomfortable, but not overly painful. also if you do decide to go for the elec, try schedule the sessions so you wont be having any coming up to you're menstral cycle .... you're tolerence will be signifigantly lower in these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭DonnaDarko09

Hi

just wondering how you got on with the electrolysis? I'm thinking of getting it done as the threading just doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone share their experience of electrolysis? How many sessions were needed? How often do you have to go?

Thanks

Advertisement