Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Littlewoodsireland.ie - Bad Service - Keep away

Options
  • 11-08-2009 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Just wanted to warn potential customers of the farcical runaround I have been given by this crowd of chancers.

If you order anything from their website disregard completely what the Delivery estimate is. That value is based on a random number generator because it has no relation to fact.

Littlewoods works like this. You place the order. They then take their time to dispatch and item from their warehouse. It then travels to some "hub" in Ireland where it takes a further few weeks to be delivered.

I ordered two items on 10/07/2009. At which time both items told me that they were in stock and I would receive within 2 weeks. After many phone calls it appears one of the items on my order is "Delivered" although it hasn't been. The other item has had "Order Dispatched" beside it for two weeks as well. The set up that they have is appauling. I was told that it may take up to September 11th to receive the order! What piece of sh*t courier are they using for that?

The thing that has p*ssed me off even more is that they charged me for one of the items that may take another month to get here! So I'm paying interest for something that I'm not getting any benefit from. Plus their customer service don't even bother returning calls.

Anyway, it appears their Irish operation is nothing more than a poorly constructed forwarding service. If you think you are getting a bargain with Free shipping think again.

X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Ms Happy

Have to agree. Nothing but hassle with this lot.

So much so that I have cancelled my account after 1 purchase (which i never recieved):mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Apart from slow delivery, we've had good experiences with Littlewoods. They even replaced part of a bed that had been broken (our fault) with no questions asked.

AFAIK, they don't have a warehouse in Ireland, all the stuff comes from the UK. They use Bond as their courier company here, and they only cover certain areas on certain days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Only ordered from them once, a childs bike, and it arrived about a week later.

Also used a voucher and got 25% of the purchase.

Would order from them again but only with a voucher as they seem quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

I would not mind if they clearly explained their delivery process.

For about three weeks now my item has been "Order Dispatched"

That to an end customer means it is on its way. I made arrangements for it to be delivered at my parents expecting it to be a week at most. I then find out that this only means it has been dispatched from their warehouse in the UK.

After that it just waits and gathers dust before their "speedy" courier decides to ship it on.

It's not good enough. This is the type of service you would expect back in the days where ordering online was a new thing. A company such as littlewoods should be a little more established and have proper clear information, reliable and time effective couriers.

It should not take over 6 weeks to receive an item that is instock from the UK...

X

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can you explain what steps you've taken to contact Littlewoods and get this matter sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Ordered Clothes on a monday , was delivered on Friday.

No complaints for me except my €69 PC:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Ive been using littlewoods for past year.
    Have only good things to say about them, except im addicted. :pac:

dudara wrote: »
    Can you explain what steps you've taken to contact Littlewoods and get this matter sorted?

Been on the phone over 10 times at this stage at least twice a week and absolutely no-one can provide any kind of indication when the products will be delivered apart from "They have been dispatched from our main warehouse" I contacted the ISIS since they have this accreditation. They appeared to be helpful but then stopped responding to my emails when the matter wasn't as straightforward as they believed.

I escalated with Littlewoods yesterday and got through to someone in their "Retentions" department. He told me he had to speak to two different departments to figure out where these two wadrobes were. One thing I will say is he did ring me back when he said he would. His answer was nonetheless far from satisfactory. He told me that one of the wardrobes will be delivered 24th of August (This was ordered early July). The other wardrobe would have to be cancelled completely and reordered since no one knew where this was. I would also have to pay full price for it because they couldn't apply the 25% discount voucher since it had expired, but that I could phone back when I received the wardrobe and they would refund to my card.

When I asked to have this all in writing by form of an email I was told that he didn't have access to email but he would put a note in the account. Someone working in customer service does not have email access when they are a company selling online. Sorry but thats sh*te.

I'm sure there are instances of where Littlewoods are good. With clothes they probably send directly but with furniture this stupid middle man courier hub is a joke. I'm inclined to cancel and just goto IKEA.

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ClaireyBee

Omg, I'm so sick of trying to complain to these muppets, they replying to me with the most random of reasons, not answering questions! I heard complaints about them before but said feck it I used them ...third time lucky - now I hav an issue with them and they are beyond unhelpful! agh!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

So you knew they provided crap service, you used them, and then you are surprised when they provide crap service?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

There is already a littlewoods thread in this forum. If you elaborate on your problem, perhaps others can advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

threads merged - there's no need for more than one Littlewoods thread.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sopick1982

i placed an order before and when i rang the place when it never turned up i was told to "go f**k myself under a bus and rot" so im never dealing with them again i hate them

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

sopick1982 wrote: »
    i placed an order before and when i rang the place when it never turned up i was told to "go f**k myself under a bus and rot" so im never dealing with them again i hate them
    You quoting them verbatim there?

I was one of the people who jumped on the 69 compaq deal. That was cancelled fair enough. However my last order was placed on two legit items which were both in stock and had lead times of two weeks.

They have not offered any decent reasons as to why there is such a bad delay. I think their hub is in Northern Ireland. So why does it take 3-4 weeks for a delivery van to drive from there. They are most likely trying to consolate shipments to save costs at the expense of the customer. I hate to think what happens if you are out when the delivery man comes.

My main gripe is how their website continues to mislead people and their order tracking is purposefully confusing. Their staff seem ill informed about what happens after "it's left the warehouse".

If this thread stops one potential customer from wasting their time with this company then its served a valuable purpose. Of course if you don't mind, ordering, paying for something and then waiting indefinitely then this is the company for you!!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Hi,

I've used Littlewoods a few times with no major problems they can be expensive but what I like about it is the selection/variety you get.

However I'd like to draw peoples attention to their astronomical interest rates! Coming up to Christmas I can see people in desperate circumstances resorting to their buy now pay later option with disastrous consequences.

From Littlewoods website. The annual percentage rate (APR) for this agreement is variable and is currently 39.9%. We may vary the interest rate at our discretion at any time, and will notify you of the variation, but will not increase it above a maximum of 43.7% APR. The current annual flat rate of interest is 34.01191%. Interest is charged on the daily current balance for the period covered by your statement at the simple daily variable rate of 0.09318% and is applied on each statement date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kaydarragh

I have to agree. I ordered 3 items of bedroom furniture back in May. I recieved 2 of the items after getting a delivery date, which they cancelled the following morning only for me to go away an come back to find items left sitting in my garden with no one having signed for them. Following 97 calls 11 emails im still no further. I have just come off the phone to a so called customer service rep from your retention dep,who constantly spoke over me as i was speaking an would not listen to what i was explaining to her it got to such a stage that I asked her to refrain from speaking over me she said she wasnt an proceeded to keep doing it. I could not fully explain that what she was doing on my account had been done before (overcharging me) and she replied that i wasnt even being over charged.. Now if i order something at 319 why am i being charged 459. The conversation proceed for her to accuse me of swearing at her i hadnt at least not the way she said an when i asked her to say how i was swearing at her she went very rude I asked her for her name and she hung up the phone on me which i find absolutlely disgraceful.

I have always apologized to any of the staff if i had been rude which is a rare case i might add. I understand that they are trying to do a job but its the company or the people that refuse to answer you that are not.

She kept saying every possible is being done to help when i know well it hasnt as the issues i have with Littlewoods are still outstanding a year an 2 months later. These include missing payments , duplicate letters being sent , bad credit letters sent, credit being refused, calls not being returned an emails not being answered.. Ive been a loyal customer for as long as i can remember even before they took over from Kays and have no ending to problems with the company.

I ordered a wardrobe on the 16th May "2009 and to this date i still havent recieved it but have been accused of recieving it that someone had signed for it. A rep told me that they would be back in touch to say who had indeed signed for it . That was a month ago and stll no word nor an apology.
    I have been charged interest on an item that i haven recieved. Ive been charged 7 times for the same wardrobe they even tried to say i returned a wardrobe and charged me for the delivery and damage that was done. It was later discovered that it was the carriers fault ,,,, still awaitin apology and the wardrobe

Their customer rention department is crap. They don't give a damn about retaining you, their only function is to waste your time even more.

After waiting nearly 2 months to receive a wardrobe that I had ordered and paid for in full. I receive a box. One box which contained the doors of a wardrobe... Apparently there was a mistake on their website, which was this wardrobe was a good price. Despite having order confirmation of a wardrobe not part of one they did not honour it. They wanted to charge me full price for it even though I had waited 8 weeks and not one of their smart customer retention staff wondered why I might have been ordering part of a wardrobe...............

I don't call many companies this but they are pure sh*t. Their service is shocking, communication next to nill. They treat their Irish customers with contempt and expect them to believe it takes 4 weeks for something to come from their warehouse in the UK to Ireland.

Do not bother going near them, keep away and warn your family and friends to do likewise. If you want to be decent warn your enemies because dealing with Littlewoods is purgatory verging on hell.

You've been warned.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1 makmese

Hi,

I would like to share my complain about a faulty item I bought from littlewoodsireland. 1st of december I made an order for a GoPro hero silver cam from their website about 2 weeks before my holiday in Thailand.
    It was supposed to be a birthday present for my girlfriend. I got item later than expected time they show on website which I did not make any problem. After I received the item there was a common problem with the cam.
    It was making a helicopter sound when you record through using wireless. I immediately reached littlewoodsireland for the issue (It is hard to find someone to answer for most times.). I was ok to replace it if they could do quickly
    before my holiday and I was expecting it would happen this way. I really suprised when they said I need to buy new item and pay the same 356 euro amount and return the old one and get refund about 1 month later.
    Of course I would not be sure if new one is faulty or not and I might need to do the same process several times maybe spending a 1000 Euro or so. So I asked only refund and they again said I need to send it back using fastway
    parcel company and it will take about a month to get money back. I was so frustrated but just wanted to get rid of this company. The lady on the phone arranged a parcel pickup for me. She said they will come between 7 am to 7 pm next day.
    I said I am not at home all day, need to go to work. She gave me the phone number for fastway company to make arrangement. After calling for maybe 1 hour I managed to talk to someone but the person said this is not their issue,
    I need to contact with parcelconnect. So basically I learned that there was not an arrangement happened for the next day. Nobody called me or gave me info. I rearranged another parcel pickup from parcelconnect website myself
    and sent the item back on 10th of december. Now I am back from my vacation. After 1 month I was expecting to get my money back but no chance. I called littlewoodsireland again. The person said they send item back to me because
    there was some missing item in(They realized interestingly after a month). I need to put missing item in and send back to them. When I asked which item is missing no answer I got. I repeatedly asked how I can know which item is missing.
    Because I was thinking I sent them all. After half an hour discussion he figured it out from the notes that usb cable is missing. Can you beleive that after all these frustration they caused, they sent item back to me just for a stupid usb cable.
    Not just that, so I asked for tracking of the item because again I will not be at home all the time. The guy said no clue. No any information about where the item is. I asked him to call again the same company and figure it out because
    I do not want to deal with third party again and have the same problems I had but he did not do it and repeatedly kept saying the item is sent back to me and they can not track it.

Bonus part is the guy said If I want to make a complaint he can direct me to another department. And guess what happened ? He returned back to me 3 minutes later and said it is not possible now and if I call them in 4 hours bla bla bla. :)

This is the worst shopping experience I have ever had in my life.

Thank you littlewoodsireland,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Please don't post on old threads. Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement