Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New Phone Recommendations] kearnsr

• 11-08-2009 2:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Currently have the E71. I think its a great phone. Love the qwerty keyboard. I use Nokia maps/google maps alot with the GPS. Dont use video/mp3 on it.
    I use the internet alot on it either through opera or the nokia web browser. Not too much YouTube and the like. Mainly just browsing.

Would consider the Nokia N97, E75, Blackberry in the same form as the E71 or Storm, a windows mobile phone (Sony Xperia or HTC) or the HTC hero
    • What features are important to you in a phone? Mobile internet/email, decent camera, gps
    • Form factor - touchscreen, slider, would like a qwerty keyboard
    • Internet – min 3g and wifi
    • Operator – currently on 3. Would need a decent internet bundle included. Would probably like to stay on 3 as they do the 3 abroad thing and I’m working alot in the UK.
    • Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free – currently on bill pay. Will consider all options
    • Price range upto €400 (probably the key factor unfortunately!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

I can't see why you'd change. The e71 is a grand phone for everything you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Blackberry Storm has no wifi although there is an upgraded version out in around september with this feature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

have to agree 100% with Run DMC, i've used the Storm and e75, trust me you don't want to change your phone....Maybe change something else, new suit, new shoes, weekend away etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ron DMC wrote: »
    I can't see why you'd change. The e71 is a grand phone for everything you need.

You're probably right. I'm not even sure if I will change yet but just seeing what's out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

i'm thinking of getting a w995 as my upgrade in a few weeks, still going to keep my e71 as my main phone but use the 995 for the weekends and going out...I just like the look of it, have to do a little modding to convert the neck clip to a beer bottle opener but it really feels like a rock star phone..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

How about the e72. I know it wouldn't be much different to the e71, but it does correct most of the (minor) faults with the e71.

Advertisement