Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clare Island wreck+Connemara yesterday

• 11-08-2009 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

A few shots from a day trip to Clare Island yesterday:

3810926561_96b9fd2bf9_o.jpg

3809598408_0eb0123b75_o.jpg

3809598062_ac33f938a0_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

3809595196_28e1ab7bd8_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Love the composition of photo 1, though if i was being really critical I find the black sky overdone - was that achieved via post-processing or via a red filter + cpl filter .

Again really like number 3, the clouds are very dramatic. Nice grain too - was this from a digital or film camera?

There were all done in Photoshop, using the silver efex plugin. Love silver efex, but the full version is 199€, and I'm not willing to spend that kind of money at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

love em all, but agree the first one has a tad to much black...mayve reduce the contrast a wee bit?

...mayve reduce the contrast a wee bit?

I'll try that later, but I think you could be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Agree with above posts. Number 1 is almost amazing :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Super set of photos. love the B&W. Well done Cosmo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vervevalley

OMG..! it was a visual treat to watch your pictures..! Loved it especially in BW..! you first picture rules..! Congrats and best wishes..:)

Thanks for all the replies and C&C, here the last two pictures from that day

3817548472_8783e8ea4a_o.jpg

and the boat, in a not so dark b/w conversion, thanks mele

3817549130_2916977b9e_o.jpg

And finally, a bit of colour......the picture postcard version;)

3817548640_d02e52578c_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭LeoB

Great set. Looking at the colour really makes the B/W images stand out.
    # 1. I dont like it, way to black but the the other photo of the wreck I really like.

Of your first set Number 3 is my favourite but I do like them all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

You have some excellent composition, but black and white really doesn't do the area justice!

Advertisement