Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short(ish) term accommodation

Options
  • 11-08-2009 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm going to be working in Galway soon, possibly starting in two weeks, and the duration of the work will be 10 - 12 weeks. Is it going to be hard to find accommodation for that short a period of time, since most places will want you to sign a lease? Any suggestions, out the east side of the city if possible, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I wouldn't say so , There are a lot of empty places out where I am (east) and I'm sure a landlord would take on someone for the 12 weeks if they were getting the money rather than having the place sitting idle..

I know I got a place for 14 weeks in Clare while on placement and it wasn't a problem; I rang five places and not one person had a problem, shouldn't be too hard here in Galway altho it is student accommodation time..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can probably find a flat / room anyway since there are so many now, just sign a shorter lease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I'm not having that much luck unfortunately and I'd say I'll need to be moved in somewhere by Friday the 21th.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you're already in Galway you can get the accommodation sheet from the Advertiser office at 2 today. Or as Xiney did, see it online www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifieds

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    the east side of the city if possible, thanks.

Give us a clue about why you want the east side? Do you have a car, or will you be relying on public transport?

If the latter, where are you working? There's one particularly bad mistake you could make: work in Parkmore and live in Ballybrit, or vice versa. You the combination of bus-routes and bad roads for walking can mean you end up going most of the way into town in order to make a very short trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

I have a friend who has a house near the ballybane road, its newly refurbished and i'm sure he'd be cool about a short term stay, Its a 3 bedroomed house sharing with one other male in their early twenties. If you want to pm me i'll get it in touch with him for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Thanks for the help all, found myself a place.

Advertisement