Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20gb HardDrive?

• 11-08-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

Where's the cheapest place i can buy one new or used, just got an arcade system for cheap today and need one! :) unless someone here has one for sale with cod4 lol...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Gamestop will have them cheap enough (second hand) you can't get them new anymore as far as i know. Only 60gig or 120gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Dealextreme have used ones,Dunno what the P&P will be like,By that i mean how secure and shock resistant keep an eye on adverts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

zero19 wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place i can buy one new or used, just got an arcade system for cheap today and need one! :) unless someone here has one for sale with cod4 lol...

You can get one free from MS, just ring them give them the serial code of your arcade system and they will send the hard drive out. They have this deal in place since the NXE came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

You can get one free from MS, just ring them give them the serial code of your arcade system and they will send the hard drive out. They have this deal in place since the NXE came out.

Its a free memory card not a harddrive, they were selling the 20GB's at a reduced price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Helix wrote: »

I used the same method for mine, working perfectly since that. good tutorial BTW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have the same question as the OP. I have a 256mb memory card at the minute, but will obviously need a hard drive at some stage. I've seen the ones on deal extreme, but will these work? I'm just worried Microsoft releases updates to prevent them working or something along those lines. Anyone have an experiences? Thanks.

I found some on Play and Amazon, so think I will just order one of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I ended up getting a chinese 20GB HDD off of ebay that time, i used it for about a year and a half the only problem i had was that i couldn't play old xbox original titles with it as it hadn't the partition required to do so.

zero19 wrote: »
    I ended up getting a chinese 20GB HDD off of ebay that time, i used it for about a year and a half the only problem i had was that i couldn't play old xbox original titles with it as it hadn't the partition required to do so.

Thanks. I wouldn't be a big downloader or anything, but I see 60gb isn't too much more online so I might end up getting that instead. The cheapest I've found so far is from a seller in England on Ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

You can use a usb memory stick / portable hard drive up 16GB in size for saves and dlc

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    You can use a usb memory stick / portable hard drive up 16GB in size for saves and dlc

Yeah, I saw some of those on Play but I figured for the price I might aswell get the hard drive.

I'm thinking of going with this one:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/60GB-XBOX-360-HARD-DRIVE-FREE-POST-MAINLAND-UK-/280765907262?pt=Video_Games_Hard_Drives&hash=item415ef3c13e

Guy has good feedback and is the best price I've found online so far including shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

I bought a 2nd hand 120gb for €50 in gamestop a few months ago.

Advertisement