Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moisturiser

• 11-08-2009 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi I have a combination of oily and very dry skin on my face. I was just looking for recommendations for a good cleanser, moisturiser and toner( not too expensive). The last 3 moisturisers I used were discontinued for some reason:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭nukinfuts

Liz Earle maybe? they're really good, and not too expensive. You can order "try me" kits before you buy the normal size too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I have used a lot of moisturisers over the last few years such as Clarins, Lancome, Estee Lauder and Clinique. I started using Olay total effects a few months ago and have to say, I am very impressed by it. It is roughly 1/3 of the price of the ones I used to use and I can't say it is of any less quality. I find it good for my combination skin, although I don't have any severely dry areas. Maybe you could use one for oily skin on your oily spots and one for dry skin on your dry spots :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 mulmulcahy

i was just about to recommend olay but i was beaten to it! i am a cosmetic junkie and like you have combination skin. i use the regular olay one and find it the best of all the pots out there. another one i like to is vichy. not sure which one but the cream is green and its got a white lid around €30 or so

and another v impostant thing to do is exfoliate. i use simple exfoliater around every 5 to 7 days and it makes a big difference

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

The vichy range is quite good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lightangel

virginvie.com have great combo skin skin care, have a party and get products free, also you get to try before you buy, even better. And they have a 30 day no quibble return policy. I used to sell their products and still use them on my clients and myself. reasonable too, especially when you pay by credit card as you get the UK sterling rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭shezza

I second the liz earle range I got the starter kit which is a cleanser and two muslin cloths and the toner for 24sterling in John Lewis when I was in the UK you can order online too and some place is Milltown does them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I really like the Botanics range from Boots and it's not too expensive and usually has a special offer on it, like buy two, get one free so it's good value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I find the Simple moisturiser very good, it's very cheap too! I tried alot of the more expensive moisturisers and didn't find them as good. The Vichy range was probably my fav after the Simple moisturiser... I used Olay before and found it good too like others posters have said

Advertisement