Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2009-2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Tom I could see your post match analysis fitting right in on Waterford whispers!!!!!!!!

Ha at the people who think he is serious((god I hope he ain't)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

deise_girl wrote: »
    Who got sent off from Roanmore do you remember? :)

i'm fairly sure it was Stephen Grant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I nearly fell off the chair laughimng at the Des Walker running down the wing bit, and him a defender.:pac:

<3 tomkelly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Those tablets must be awful strong that tomkelly is taking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

tomkelly99 wrote: »
    No it was 2008 i remember cos i was at all the matches against clare and against offaly and against wexford and against tipp and against the cats. I was at the match earlier in town between mount sion and rowenmoar. It was interesting the owen kelly wasn't even dressed for hurling for sion. Does anyone know what his story is? Someone was saying he had a falling out wit davy and the mount sion manager? And ken is back too, he was knocking lads over with his shoulders today. Brilliant.

Thought Kelly was playing for Passage these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭deisedude

Was at the Ballyduff Abbeyside game. In truth it was one way traffic from the beginning with Kevin Casey and Shane Kearney (who got 4 goals) running riot at the start of the game destroying the Abbeyside full back line. Other standout performers for Ballyduff included Jamie Keaney who got a few pionts from play, Stevie Molumphy won a world of dirty ball and set up a number of scores. Seanus Hannon and John Twomey were also prominent throughout while Adrian Power made some breathtaking saves.

Abbeyside would want to improve a lot or they could be a contendor for relegation based on this display

Yeah I'd say Abbeyside could do with Richie Foley back a.s.a.p!
    I'm assuming Maurice is back fit again if he played the weekend too? Another exhibition of shot stopping from Power I've read around reports, not doing his chances any harm of getting that no.1 county jersey and adding further fuel to the fire that he should get it.

Anyone heading to Walsh Park Wednesday evening for the minors game v Tipp? Should be a good game. Hopefully a big crowd turn out to cheer on the lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 horselips

Who is the De La Salle Manager and backroom team? Is Mick Casey doing the physical training or Leon Mullally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Trenchman

Local rivals Waterford and Cork meet in a Senior Hurling Challenge in Clashmore, Co.Waterford on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd @ 6:30pm. The match is taking place to officially open the redeveloped clubhouse and grounds of the Clashmore/Kinsalebeg G.A.A. Club, which is located right on the border with the Rebels in the west of the county. The tie promises to be fascinating viewing and the matches between these two teams over the last ten years have been top entertainment. Both teams will have the strongest panels available to them and it will be interesting to see the combinations chosen with both teams out in the Munster championship in the next month. Needless to say the banter on the border between both sets of supporters has been intense the last few weeks! The pitch is very easy to find, Clashmore being located just a few miles off the Waterford-Cork road. Throw in is at 6:30 but please arrive at least half an hour before throwin to ease congestion. Admission is a mere €10, hope to see all Deise and Rebel fans there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭deisebhoy17

Any word on an minor selection for tomorrow night... Or does anyone have a list of whos on the panel even?

• Advertisement

Any word on an minor selection for tomorrow night... Or does anyone have a list of whos on the panel even?

According to An Fear rua the team is as follows:

Waterford Minor Team to play Tipperary in the Munster Minor Championship on Wednesday 27th in Walsh Park at 7.15pm

1. Paddy Cooke Ballygunner
    2. Jamie Barron Fourmilewater
    3. Damien Ahern Ferrybank
    4. Colin Walsh St. Olivers
    5. Stephen O’Neill Mount Sion
    6. Darren Foley Clashmore
    7. Jim Power Butlerstown
    8. Ray Barry St. Carthage’s
    9. Shane Roche Cois Brid
    10. Darragh Flynn Erin’s Own
    11. Jake Dillon De La Salle
    12. Adam O’Sullivan De La Salle
    13. Stephen Bennett St. Carthage’s
    14. Chris Kervick Ballygunner (CAPTAIN)
    15. Cein Chester Roanmore

We dont look as strong on paper as we did the last couple of years to be fair but its always hard to judge at this grade. Is O'Brien (Roanmore) injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Deisetrek

We dont look as strong on paper as we did the last couple of years to be fair but its always hard to judge at this grade. Is O'Brien (Roanmore) injured?

Yep , Gavin O' Brien has a hand injury ...a big blow to our chances . Wouldn't be afraid of Tipp though , we have home venue , hopefully good crowd and Tipp are notorious for talking themselves up anyway .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

are st carthages from lismore

The team I was sent on from Club Deise has Ray Barry and Stephen Bennett down as from Lismore.
    Tough blow having Gavin O'Brien out, he's an excellent player. I'd say we'll be looking at Jake Dillon for the bulk of the scoring. Looking forward to it, should be a good game.
    Subs list for anyone interested:

16. Shane Forristal (Mt Sion)
    17. Cormac Heffernan (Ferrybank)
    18. Colin Dunford (St. Patricks)
    19. Shane McNulty (DLS)
    20. Ian Kenny (Ballygunner)
    21. Michael Harney (Bonmahon)
    22. Peter O'Keeffe (Lismore)
    23. Michael Fitzgerald (Lismore)
    24. Johnny McCarthy (Ballygunner)

Extended Panel: Gavin O' Brien, Cathal Curran, Donie Breathnach, Gavin Nugent, Chris Breheny, Sean Barry, Barry O' Sullivan, Kieran Power, Colm Kindregan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gradster1

I agree that it isn't as strong as the last few years. Darren foley and colin walsh are unheard of to me. I'm surprised jamie barron isn't picked in a more central role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Deisetrek wrote: »
    Wouldn't be afraid of Tipp though , we have home venue , hopefully good crowd and Tipp are notorious for talking themselves up anyway .

Lol pot, kettle and black stuff all over the place :D

Yea think its Lismore & Ballysaggart are joined at underage.. and some of Tourin aswell. As its not just Lismore the official name is St. Carthages...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 tanco

Gradster1 wrote: »
    I agree that it isn't as strong as the last few years. Darren foley and colin walsh are unheard of to me. I'm surprised jamie barron isn't picked in a more central role

You will hear of Darren Foley soon enough!

Same club as o'halloran and has more potential
    You heard it here first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

What time is throw in in the minor game tomorrow evening?

KevIRL wrote: »
    What time is throw in in the minor game tomorrow evening?

Look back to the previous page :confused: It's 7.15 pm.... Now don't ask for the venue ?;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

deisedude wrote: »
    Was at the Ballyduff Abbeyside game. In truth it was one way traffic from the beginning with Kevin Casey and Shane Kearney (who got 4 goals) running riot at the start of the game destroying the Abbeyside full back line. Other standout performers for Ballyduff included Jamie Keaney who got a few pionts from play, Stevie Molumphy won a world of dirty ball and set up a number of scores. Seanus Hannon and John Twomey were also prominent throughout while Adrian Power made some breathtaking saves.

Abbeyside would want to improve a lot or they could be a contendor for relegation based on this display

The winner of the Abbeyside and Fourmilewater game in round five could well determine which is the fourth team that will advance from this group.

YEs, plus Ballysaggart

Gradster1 wrote: »

Colin plays for St. Olivers was full back on Dungarvan CBS last year got to all Ireland colleges B' Final. Tough as old boots....

Colin plays for St. Olivers was full back on Dungarvan CBS last year got to all Ireland colleges B' Final. Tough as old boots....

True but got a roasting their this year in the Munster Final V Cashel in Clonmel. I think the Cashel player was Pa Ryan if memory serves me right, was a good player. Interesting to note that he is not on the starting XV. The lad that Tipp have in Full Forward must be good. I think it was one of the Cashel Subs that told me at the game V The Brothers that Ryan (if i have his name right) is minor again next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Et Cetera

tanco wrote: »
    You will hear of Darren Foley soon enough!

Same club as o'halloran and has more potential
    You heard it here first.

Another from same club is Tadhg Bourke, who is inexplicably not a member of the minor hurling panel. As good as O'Halloran without any doubt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Urgh dread going to these, last year against Clare and Cork I was stopped for like 5-10 mins explaining yes I was under 16 as I was only 14 at the time...
    And why ask the girl there with her dad? Why not ask the crowds of peeps arriving together who are obviously over 16..

Effort of this >.<

But like wohoo match :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

are wlr broadcasting the match?

Na updates I'd say. Looking forward now, should be good. Come on the Deise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Cake Man wrote: »
    Na updates I'd say. Looking forward now, should be good. Come on the Deise

If you can keep me updated thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

After 45 #Waterford lead by 6.

Half time #Waterford lead 1-9 to #tipp 0-7. Visitors have had 10 wides.

This is good for live updates of matches and other Waterford GAA stuff:
    http://twitter.com/DeiseHurling

A win for Waterford and Cork lost to Limerick. Do those that wanted Waterford to throw this game still believe we should have done so. Limerick wont be an easy team to beat, they have the last two Harty Cups.

FT - Munster MHC quarter-final: Limerick 2-14 Cork 0-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Good result for Waterford. Tipp started well (went 0-5 to 0-00) up but Waterford just took over after that. Went 1-14 to 0-8 before Tipp goaled and started a charge. Waterford held their nerve and goaled at the death to ease the nerves. Big chance for them to make another munster final now.

Back from the game, we did our best to throw it away in the second half. Up by 8 or 9 but Tipp rallied back into it and brought it back to a 1 point game. A late goal a few points by us put some gloss on it. Game of two halves with us better in first half but Tipp better 2nd half.

So who's up next then, Limerick? Would I be right in saying that'll be up in Limerick?
    Do those that wanted Waterford to throw this game still believe we should have done so.

I'm obviously delighted we won but it doesn't really make any sense that if we lose our next game we're out, whereas Tipp now have a second chance to get to the Munster final. It just doesn't seem like a fair system to me.

Henno30 wrote: »
    Good result for Waterford. Tipp started well (went 0-5 to 0-00) up but Waterford just took over after that. Went 1-14 to 0-8 before Tipp goaled and started a charge. Waterford held their nerve and goaled at the death to ease the nerves. Big chance for them to make another munster final now.

Did not see the game but i expect that if they were to play Tipp again it would not be an easy game as wouldnt a game against Cork or Limerick. Dont know about CLare.

I'm obviously delighted we won but it doesn't really make any sense that if we lose our next game we're out, whereas Tipp now have a second chance to get to the Munster final. It just doesn't seem like a fair system to me.

We know the rules before we enter and possibly voted for them. There are set up in such a way that all teams get a minimum of two games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fentdog84

Waterford 2-16 Tipperary 1-13. Enjoyable game. We were coasting then Tipp came back into it.Showed good character to seal it at the end. Jake Dillon outstanding. Also Barron in defence. I dunno got a feeling Tipp werent quite at full tilt though. They are not out of it yet. Limerick up next , who got a very good result against Cork tonight.. If we get O'Brien back it will be a massive plus.

I wonder will the minor game between Limerick and Waterford be put before the senior now or is it likely to be an intermediate game

deisedude wrote: »
    I wonder will the minor game between Limerick and Waterford be put before the senior now or is it likely to be an intermediate game

Dont think so. The minors will be on break for the leaving cert at the time of that game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

Waterford won the 2009 championship by beating Clare in the semi-final after Clare had beaten them in the first round. It's not an ideal system but it's better than the alternative.

• Advertisement

Would Limerick vs Waterford be home or away?
    I think having home pitch was a huge thing for us today and knowing where the posts were helped a lot.. As did Tipperarys 15(??) wides

Would Limerick vs Waterford be home or away?
    I think having home pitch was a huge thing for us today and knowing where the posts were helped a lot.. As did Tipperarys 15(??) wides

Not sure. Think maybe there will be a toss for the venue? or has it been predecided.

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Not sure. Think maybe there will be a toss for the venue? or has it been predecided.

Erm I think its they take it in turns for home advantage but I dont know where Waterford and Limerick last played at minor level..

Erm I think its they take it in turns for home advantage but I dont know where Waterford and Limerick last played at minor level..

Twas in '09, beat Limerick in Limerick..so if you are right we will be at home..yipee!! Walsh park , Hopefully ;)

Twas in '09, beat Limerick in Limerick..so if you are right we will be at home..yipee!! Walsh park , Hopefully ;)

Yipee is right, I can go to it then!! :D

Yipee is right, I can go to it then!! :D

plus the fact we always seem to do better at Walsh Park, I find, in hurling anyway. Everytime I go to a game in Fraher, we seem to get beat.

Dont think so. The minors will be on break for the leaving cert at the time of that game

Good point, forgot about that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hon the young deise

copied and pasted from An Fear Rua

From www.munster.gaa.ie

Losers Round

Cork v Kerry in Pairc Uí Chaoimh Sat 30th April

Tipp v Cork/Kerry Sat 7th May

Semi Finals

Waterford V Limerick Walsh Park 24th June

Clare V Tipp/Cork/Kerry Ennis 24th June

Great result last night but won't get away with not scoring for 20 mins or so in the next match . Jake Dillon stepped up to the plate and showed great leadership in the absence of Gavin O' Brien . His well worked free 8 or 9 mins from the end , which he put over with ease , stopped the rot . Hopefully the medics can get Gavin fit for the Limerick game , thought we were very poor in the air from our own puck outs last night . Great position to have have still won and plenty room for improvement . Well done to Chuck , Gary O keeffe , Dave Bennett and the rest of the lads .

• Advertisement

In Limerick, in 09, through the qualifiers. A very wet night, Waterford needed a few late scores to win.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement