Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 month lease

Options
  • 11-08-2009 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, just wondering is it difficult to obtain a 10month lease rather than a 12 month lease? Looking for a place in north dublin, seems to be all letting agents on daft and all advertising a 12 month lease. The way things are at the moment do people think it will be possible to negotiate a shorter lease. We are professionals and not students and have references etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

of course you can negotiate, they will be happy to have someone for that long, there is no harm in asking...u will get somewhere that will be happy with 10 months. just ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Traditionally, summer has been quite as students go home / away for the summer. Landlords may or may not be open to discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im in the same boat- Im after a 9/10 month lease when I get home in Sepetember but also with an an option to extend it to 12 if I need to stay in Dublin.
    Ive had an ad up on Daft on the Tenants database and so far Ive gotten about 15 replies offering me places to stay. I havent yet asked anyone for a 9 month lease but Im guessing it shouldnt be too much of a problem as landlords seem to be scrambling to get tenants these days.

Advertisement