Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 Ltd. Edition PRICING revealed

Options
  • 11-08-2009 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

€195 FVCKING EURO!!
    No. Unless it's full-Sanwa/Seimitsu, fully moddable, there is NO good reason to pay that bloody price.
    Fvck you, Play.com.

*edit*
    Oh wait, it's just Play.com price-gouging again.
    €175 on Amazon UK
    A tiny bit better... but not much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

madness. But you know you want one kiki :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Too many buttons or something on that stick. Looks cluttered.

Tekken is pants, play Soul Calibur damn you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Monster rip-offs. On SRK they were saying you could get the bundle in game-stop for $150. Maybe that was just the stick but I'm fairly certain it was the full bundle.

It doesn't seem like it's going to be a great stick and knowing Hori it won't be easily moddable so out goes the upgrading.
    Also a wireless stick seems like more trouble then it's worth.

Seems to me you could get tekken 6, a SFIV SE, put in the Sanwa parts and throw a pretty tekken picture on the front for about 30 bucks less then that bundle and you would have a better stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    €195 FVCKING EURO!!
    No. Unless it's full-Sanwa/Seimitsu, fully moddable, there is NO good reason to pay that bloody price.
    Fvck you, Play.com.

*edit*
    Oh wait, it's just Play.com price-gouging again.
    €175 on Amazon UK
    A tiny bit better... but not much.

Up here in sterling-land they're being sold at £150 (€174.75) on both sites and it appears to be bundled with the game. Even if it does have real arcade parts that's still too much (knock about £25 off and I'd consider it if I didn't already have an arcade-quality stick that worked on the 360).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Da Bounca wrote: »
    Too many buttons or something on that stick. Looks cluttered.

Tekken is pants, play Soul Calibur damn you!

Why don't YOU play Soul Calibur!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

TheWitch06 wrote: »

Fight Speak RD1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

FFS how many people can pay for this really though?

i ****ing hate this ****:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Why doesn't no one play Soul Calibur and instead play SFIV on their newly purchased wireless Tekken 6 Hori Stick! :D

I would be semi interested for the sake of a collectors item etc however it wireless and a wireless stick is useless in everyway. Too much hassle if your switching sticks too in multiplayer casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Is the stick wireless only?

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Why doesn't no one play Soul Calibur and instead play SFIV on their newly purchased wireless Tekken 6 Hori Stick! :D

I would be semi interested for the sake of a collectors item etc however it wireless and a wireless stick is useless in everyway. Too much hassle if your switching sticks too in multiplayer casuals.

Haha, good idea. People should just get it for SFIV! Who cares about Tekken! :pac:

The price is a bit ridic to be honest... Sticks are not that expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

tbh, its a better offer compared to SFIV. You only got the TE edition fightstick for that kind of money so an equivalent SFIV bundle would be around 185 GBP (and thats if you just get the standard edition game, collector's edition would total out at 220 GBP). I'm not justifying it, still ridiculous money but considering there were A LOT of people getting the TE edition stick when it was first released at 150 may consider it good value.

Not for me though :). I'm building my own stick :p.

That said, for those who have PS3s, might be a better option to import it from Gamestop. Huge difference between $150 and 150 GBP

Honestly though, considering the standard edition game is 40 GBP, paying all the extra cash definitely isn't worth it. I'm seriously frustrated that I got the CE of SFIV because I watched the Ties That Bind movie twice, I don't have XB Live to download the Brawler costume pack and the figurines that it came with look cheap as hell.

I think I'll save my money for something with which I'd enjoy much more, Forza 3 Limited Edition :) (Hopefully, will have XB Live by then, hopefully!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Leprekaun wrote: »
    tbh, its a better offer compared to SFIV.

No it's not because as already said Horis are generally difficult to mod (don't know if this'll be the case for this stick though) and you don't get the arcade-quality parts you do in the TE!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

so is it wireless?

can all the fighting games be played on any fight stick like soul calibur, sf4 and tekken etc?

I'm back playing a little bit now. Totally rusty though. I'm planning on putting in a lot of practice before Super Versus Battle in September.

Da Bounca wrote: »
    I'm back playing a little bit now. Totally rusty though. I'm planning on putting in a lot of practice before Super Versus Battle in September.

Ah you're going? :) Well we should play again sometime.

Yah I'm gonna head over, any interest?
    I'll be on tomorrow evening for a few battles.
    Have a new connection which is slightly better than the last one, so my rage doesn't build quite as high online.

so is it wireless?

can all the fighting games be played on any fight stick like soul calibur, sf4 and tekken etc?

No, it's not wireless - no wireless sticks are allowed at tournaments so you won't find any mass-produced sticks that are wireless (so far anyway).

All fighting games can be played on stick, yeah.

Ropedrink!

Now there's a blast from the past!
    Still raping noobs with a jumping shotgun headhsot?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    No, it's not wireless - no wireless sticks are allowed at tournaments so you won't find any mass-produced sticks that are wireless (so far anyway).

All fighting games can be played on stick, yeah.

The Tekken stick will be wireless

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/22/tekken-6-wireless-sticks-revealed-priced/

Obviously catering for the casual instead of the tourney players.

Monkeyto wrote: »
    The Tekken stick will be wireless

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/22/tekken-6-wireless-sticks-revealed-priced/

Obviously catering for the casual instead of the tourney players.

Oh, sorry, thought this was the other thread where he was asking about the SE and TE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement