Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam O'Carroll decision due this evening

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

jister wrote: »
    Even if they do this it exposes the NAMA scam even more. I've been scanning a number of politicial, financial and sporting forums this evening and every post on every thread is happy that NAMA could go tits up. It was a dodgy deal before tonight but at this stage there must be enough rebel politicans queueing up to pull the rug from under clowen and his gang.

Think of people like the greens, they will be buried as a party forever when NAMA crusifies the country.

Whoever succeeds the current set-up (I'm starting to think that October or November will see a new government) will inherit the same problems, and sadly won't be capable of a truly ground-breaking or even half-clever solution. They'll just run with it, and claim they're keeping a stern watch over it. Once NAMA is up and running, I can't see how they'll shut it down in anything less than decades.

And this Liam Carroll episode is going to render it useless and dangerous as an idea before it even gets moving.

Advertisement