Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A thread wishing you all the very best.

Options
  • 11-08-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭

In the knowledge of the big day tomorrow. I decided that I would stop into the auld LC forum and wish you all the best of luck. Remember, don't worry too much.

If you do not get the course you want, remember there are plenty of options, and it is not the end of all civilisation should things not go as one anticipated. Seek out what other options there are and keep positive.

And if you are celebrating (what do I mean if, of course you will be), I hope you have a great time :p

Wherever your results lead you, I wish you all the very best for the future :pac:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Jakkass wrote: »
    In the knowledge of the big day tomorrow. I decided that I would stop into the auld LC forum and wish you all the best of luck. Remember, don't worry too much.

If you do not get the course you want, remember there are plenty of options, and it is not the end of all civilisation should things not go as one anticipated. Seek out what other options there are and keep positive.

And if you are celebrating (what do I mean if, of course will be), I hope you have a great time :p

Wherever your results lead you, I wish you all the very best for the future :pac:

+1

What's for you won't pass you!! Hope you all get the results you deserve tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Just want to add my voice to the well wishes. Done the ol' LC two years ago and can still remember it...good times!

And remember guys, in Ireland nothing is out of reach, we just put it on a higher shelf from time to time

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Hope everyone gets what they want/require tomorrow, whether that be a pass, 200, 400 or 600 points.

There is ALWAYS another way to get the course you want, if things do not go as planned.

Once you have your job/diploma/degree/masters/Ph. D., no-one will care how you did in your Leaving, or how many times you did it, or what year you did it in.

Enjoy college, those of you that are off to further ed..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

good luck gang. ye'll all do great and if at first you think you didnt do great, well, as people have said, theres always another way.

don't stress.
    chill out.
    it'll work out for ye.
    have epic amounts of fun tomorrow night.
    stay safe.
    watch out for eachother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Thanks for all the good wishes folks, and best of luck to everyone else getting their results tomorrow ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Here here :pac:

I wish everybody the best of luck. I know I'll be shaking when I receive my envelope :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

cheers for the good luck!
    gonna be freaking out tomorrow!
    best of luck to the 55000 others out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Good luck to everyone. Have a good day tomorrow regardless of your results. We deserve it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully you will all get the points you're looking for but if you don't, remember that the Leaving Cert is NOT the be all and end all and there IS another way to get the course you want.

If anyone is really disappointed with their results and wants to talk to someone about it, there's a Leaving Cert Helpline (set up by the National Parent's Council and supported by the Dept. Of Education & Science) which will operate from 10am tomorrow.

The number is: 1800 265 165

(see here)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭celtic723

Good idea!

As this door closes a window opens and for some of us it's onto college and for others it's elsewhere.

I would like to send a sincere good luck to everyone on here as it's been great to be part of the LC subforum and cheers for the laughs, tips, and tricks.

Here's to success! *please GOD!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭BoozyBabe

I'll just add my Good Luck wishes here!!
    All the best folks.
    This time last year it was me who was nervous waiting for my HL Irish results having repeated 11 yrs after 1st sitting it.

Regardless of how your results go tomorrow, things will work out for you in the long run, so don't stress too much & best of luck to ye all!!

Sweet dreams!!! :D (or did I mean sweat!!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Yeah. Best of luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Indeed, just want to wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow . . . :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭dungeon

Remember also that every subject may not go your way or as you had hoped. It's sometimes a case of swings and roundabouts - Some not as good as you had expected, others better than you thought. Then again - there's always the rechecks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

+1 to everything said so far!

Good luck to everyone getting results tomorrow, have my fingers crossed for all of you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,995 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Best of luck to everyone!!

I was there last year, and was bricking myself at this point :o

Just walk in, take a deep breath, and open that envelope.:)

Don't do anything I wouldn't do tomorrow night though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭straight_As

G'luck to one and all! I hope you're all delighted with your results!

And even if you don't do as well you'd hoped, you can always look back in twenty years and say, "In my day, the exams were so horrible that we even had to sit English on a Saturday. You pesky kids don't know how good you have it."

We're all rootin' for ye boardsies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Rob!

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Hope everybody gets the necessary points for their courses, are happy with their points and that everything works out! Positive thinking ppl! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rainbowrapids

Best of luck with your results tomorrow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

I wish you each the luck of a million four-leaf clovers for tomorrow, and everything good in the future! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah ye'll all be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Jakkass wrote: »

And if you are celebrating (what do I mean if, of course you will be), I hope you have a great time :p

Thanks whore :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Thanks whore :pac:

Jealous response seeker? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

I would give anything to be in your position again :)

There are infinite ways to what you want to do - I have met people over the years who have gone from medicine to hotel managment, and from arts to medicine. I hope you all get what you want, and if not, this is only step one of many.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Thanks for all the support and thanks to all those who helped in the leaving cert forum.Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all get what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Yep good luck to everyone hope you all get what you want..

and if you dont it is not the end of the world although of course you wont feel like that if it happens..all in all dont worry and even if doesnt go to plan have a good night.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭holadivaldfe

thank you for the luck i'm absorbing it all! :)

best of luck class of 2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

With a mere hour or two left, I can only imagine how some of you are feeling.

I was one of the lucky ones who was 99.99% sure I'd done enough to get my first choice but some of my friends knew they'd be five or ten points either side of their desired course. If you're one of those people, just calm down and realise how many other ways you can go about doing what you want.

The best of luck to all of you and I hope you get what you deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

REMEMBER: There is always the dole.:pac:

Advertisement