Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ideal car

• 11-08-2009 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi

im looking to buy a car that has cheap insurance and tax im going 19

looking for a car from a 1 litre to a 1.2

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR BOYRACING CARS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭benj

fiesta 1.25 zetec...plenty poke,comfy and economical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Budget?

Clio mk2 is a tasty car tbh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Second the Fiesta, cheap to run, maintain and insure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Polo 1.2 - a little more manly than a Fiesta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

MCMLXXV wrote: »

Quite the opposite I'd imagine if that sort of thing exists.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've never seen a manly Volkswagen tbh. They're unisex cars, but the Polo does cross the line over to 'girliebland'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Confab wrote: »
    I've never seen a manly Volkswagen tbh. They're unisex cars, but the Polo does cross the line over to 'girliebland'.

Matter of opinion obviously and a bit off-topic at this stage too but I always saw the Fiesta as a woman's car - maybe that's because the Ma had three of them!

An XR2 I could handle mind you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Mister-M5

Would agree with the fiesta opinion. Great little car.

Corsas arent too bad and you might pick up a clean pre 01 model for small money. Look for the champion model, comes with CD player as standard.

Have heard great things about 206s but they may be a little girly for you.

Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

cheers for the replys guys

its only a first car my budget would be up to 1500 mark

keep the replys coming

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

seeing that you're 19 you'll probably hate me for suggesting this but....

the Nissan Micra
    • Peice of cake to drive (used by 60% of driving instructors)
    • cheap to run
    • reliable
    • insurance should be no problem
    • easy to get parts>if needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

+3 on the fiesta, you can get plenty around the 1500 mark... and as above get the 1.25 zetec unit, cheap to drive, cheap to insure but a little cracker to drive...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Micra would be better for insurance but I would go for the Fiesta myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭chickenhawk

Saxo. Just get one without a bodykit and you're grand. The 1.1 is a grand little one. Engine likes to be reved. Little bit nippier then others of the same size but you sacrifice a bit of safety and insulation in return. Never touches oil. Good on petrol and servicing is cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

no scope wrote: »
    im looking to buy a car that has cheap insurance and tax im going 19

looking for a car from a 1 litre to a 1.2

I AM NOT LOOKING FOR BOYRACING CARS

That's good becuse the phrases 'cheap insurance' and '1 litre' do not belong in the same sentance as 'boy racer car'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

robtri wrote: »
    +3 on the fiesta, you can get plenty around the 1500 mark... and as above get the 1.25 zetec unit, cheap to drive, cheap to insure but a little cracker to drive...

+4 - My wife had one as her first car and it was brilliant - I had a Clio at the time (my 1st car!) and it was no where near as nippy. I'd reckon you'd get this for around your budget if you showed up with cash....

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=200932194849133

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That's good becuse the phrases 'cheap insurance' and '1 litre' do not belong in the same sentance as 'boy racer car'

what do you mean by that mate?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Luke Crowley

It's a bit out of left field (as most of my suggestions tend to be :D); but...
    http://www.classiccar.ie/Car.aspx?AdID=274

Advertisement