Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish prices second highest in EU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elazar55

That's why I buy from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

No surprise with that news, must of been a shock to the government :rolleyes:.

To say we're in a recession I have not seen much help from our governmemt to help the people of the country. Their answer is to tax they're way out of it, "that doesn't work !", nor will a drop in welfare as that will just increase poverty, send more people across the border and cut backs in spending resulting in a further drop in revenue for the economy.

For me, I do the majority of my shopping (groceries, electrics etc..) up north as it's still cheaper. Fair enough Dunnes and Tescos have lowered prices on a wide range of their products but it's not enough.

So far this year I have seen;

my car insurance go up in price (no points or accidents),
    my house insurance has also gone up (no claims),
    Sky has increased,
    price of my milk delivered is up,
    price of school books and uniforms have increased,
    school bus fares are to increase,
    a huge amount of price increases in the new Argos catalogue,
    petrol is on the way up again,
    the list goes on.....

One plus for me was the introduction of Bord Gais electric as this has lowered my bills, this is mainly due to my 14% discount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

If i'm selling something i'll set the price at the maximum price i can get, its the stupid people of this country who drove prices up

Advertisement