Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Messenger, UCD

Options
  • 11-08-2009 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how to access windows messenger from the UCD PCs? I usually have no problem from my laptop but having difficulty from the PC. Anyone able to help? Thanks:)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I don't think it's on them. Web messenger is probably a better bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

Yeha is doesn't work on the UCD comps, I usually sign in on http://ebuddy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If you want to install any application on UCD computers, it's got to be "self-contained" and able to work from your H: drive, since that's all that is persistent from PC to PC. Pidgin Portable should work OK for this, though I haven't tried it for myself. You might need to enter the HTTP Proxy settings - proxy.ucd.ie:8484.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

Just wondering how to access windows messenger from the UCD PCs? I usually have no problem from my laptop but having difficulty from the PC. Anyone able to help? Thanks:)

webmessenger.msn.com/

same stuff, less tech version of it...

basically cant nudge or whatever, btu cna still send and recieve and see all your contacts!

The old version of it if you will

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

meebo.com ftw. MSN, Google Chat, Facebook Chat, ICQ etc all from one web based page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Red_Marauder

That's great guys thanks for the replies:)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oasisfan

the best one is www.iloveim.com

the reason is the others cut out in ucd dunno why but UCD hates MSN!

Advertisement