Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cars from England

• 11-08-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i was just wondering about nct on a car from england as the car i was looking at has also had an engine conversion and was wondering if it would pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

as long as its safe it'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

and as long as the emissions are within acceptable levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paddington2

does any one know about emissions, it was originally a 1.4 ej9 honda civic but it now has a b16a engine in it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

as long as the exhaust sytem is fitted correctly and it has the cat in place the emmissions will be grand.

you just have to make sure the conversion was carried out to a decent quality, ie mounts ok, suspension ok, engine no leaking any fluids etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Dirty_Diesel

As long as you still have the cat converter you will be fine with the vtec engine. However, you will have the register the car here first. But what do you register it as? Its not a 1.4 basic model any more and neither is it a vti. I would register it as a 1.4 but then get a form (forget the number) change to vehicle and declare the dohc. You may have to get an engineers report on the car because even if you say it's a vti it wont have its suspension or brakes. In the case of the claim the company may refuse to pay up (happened to my buddy, 1.6td engine in a standard MK2 Golf GTI).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The cynic in me says that anyone who buys a 1.4 with a transplant instead of a proper 1.6 isn't going to declare the engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The cynic in me says that anyone who buys a 1.4 with a transplant instead of a proper 1.6 isn't going to declare the engine.

Wouldn't it not make more sense to when you'd take into account the savings in Motor tax from the lower cc engine.

Advertisement