Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BBC radio 2 on 88.1 FM in North Dublin!!

• 11-08-2009 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭

Driving from Swords to Clonee the last 2 days (5pm-6pm)and just before Kilshane cross and parts of the road all the way to the N3 I am picking up BBC Radio 2 and Chris Evans show.

When driving over the M2 bridge I pick it up very clearly but get interference again once back on ground level.

Just found it strange.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Driving from Swords to Clonee the last 2 days (5pm-6pm)and just before Kilshane cross and parts of the road all the way to the N3 I am picking up BBC Radio 2 and Chris Evans show.

When driving over the M2 bridge I pick it up very clearly but get interference again once back on ground level.

Just found it strange.

Why strange ?

The closer you get to the border the stronger it gets, the higher you get the stronger the signal gets, the closer to the east coast you get the stronget the BBC signal too . . . .

But not for much longer (sadly) > re the analogue signal being phased out, & digital being phased in :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Camelot wrote: »
    Why strange ?

The closer you get to the border the stronger it gets, the higher you get the stronger the signal gets, the closer to the east coast you get the stronget the BBC signal too . . . .

But not for much longer (sadly) > re the analogue signal being phased out, & digital being phased in :(

I thought that was just for tv - are they really getting rid of analogue radio ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I think so??? but I cant be 100% sure ...................

Its a real pain if they are :cool:

From doing a search on the internet it appears that Radio isn't included in the "Big Switchover" and there are no specific timescales yet for the ditching of the analogue radio signal.

The only specific mention I could find was from this 2 year old Guardian article which mentions 2015

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2007/jul/10/ofcom.radio

I can't see it happening then tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

That's what 2fm are missing at 5pm. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Will although it has to be said he's the only national station playing music at that time.

Once I get past the airport heading north I start to listen to BBC on the way home in the evening. have been for a long time.

• Advertisement

bbability wrote: »
    That's what 2fm are missing at 5pm. I'm afraid I'm not a fan of Will although it has to be said he's the only national station playing music at that time.

Once I get past the airport heading north I start to listen to BBC on the way home in the evening. have been for a long time.

Yeah if I had a choice between Radio 2 and 2FM it would be Radio 2 every time

Advertisement