Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First project: Modeling a Ford Fiesta for Carmageddon 2

Options
  • 11-08-2009 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, so mods, move if necessary.

I'm making the car so I can race it in the quite-old PC game 'Carmageddon 2'. This is my first car, I started it a couple of months ago, but after I lost some of the vital files for it, I put it on hold. Anyway, I've decided to go back to it. I'm modeling a Ford Fiesta Mk2, given they are fairly boxy and easy to model. The program I'm using is called 'CarEd', it's a basic (fairly crude), but easy to use program specifically for making cars for this game. It is possible to use 3DS Max, but I find it too difficult.

Go easy, it's my first real attempt at modeling a car :) :

untitled-2.jpg

untitled-3.jpg

Progressing.jpg

untitled-4.jpg

I've since done a good bit of texturing (I'm not great at texturing, but I'll learn as I go on). I was trying to get as many screenshots of the Mk2 as possible in order to texture it:

Update1.jpg

Update2.jpg

Still have alot too do.

Got the car in-game for some beta testing. For some reason the colours on the car don't stay constant:

untitled1.jpg

And with some damage:
    untitled-4.jpg

Comments

Advertisement