Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stainless steel splashback and steel/chrome sockets

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

renovating the kitchen and getting a sheet of stainless steel between the worktop and the upper kitchen units , basically a splashback the length of the kitchen wall. We have several sockets, a master switch for the cooker and a timer on/off switch for the gas along the on wall. The sockets and the switch are the standard white plastic. Thinking of replacing master switch and sockets with brushed steel, is this advisable with the stainless steel splashback

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

bump

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

shouldn't be an issue, the steel on the sockets is buffered from the electrical contacts by plastic anyway.. As with all these things just make sure everything is put in carefully with no loose wiring etc.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,591 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

+ 1

No safety issue whatsoever.

If you can afford it go for MK, you will not be dissapointed with the quality.

Legrande do some nice stuff to, and much cheaper. I had a problem with thier sockets as in it was hard to get plugs to go in to them! This was a few years ago and I am told they have sorted this now. In general I have found Legrande to be high quality at a much better price than MK.

Whatever you do dont buy the gear in Woodies, B & Q etc. you will get ripped off. Check the sticky above for wholesalers at much better prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

if there are sockets on the splashback i think it prob needs connecting(or continuity) to local socket earth

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Would you know some shops offering this splash back? thanks, Iwo

• Advertisement
Advertisement