Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For womens in their 30s, how young is too young?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭DaveSlats

I went from being with a woman 12 years younger than me to a woman 14 years older than me. A 26 year age swing.

In both cases the relationship had no future because of the age gap.

Take a 15 year age gap.

One is 35, one is 20 - a bit odd.

One is 45, the other is 30. Maybe.

One is 45, the other is 60. Back to odd.

There is a short window where that kind of age gap doesn't matter, but generally speaking you would have to look at other motives beyond the romantic with a big age gap.

And not all of them mentally healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

DaveSlats wrote: »
    I went from being with a woman 12 years younger than me to a woman 14 years older than me. A 26 year age swing.

In both cases the relationship had no future because of the age gap.

Take a 15 year age gap.

One is 35, one is 20 - a bit odd.

One is 45, the other is 30. Maybe.

One is 45, the other is 60. Back to odd.

There is a short window where that kind of age gap doesn't matter, but generally speaking you would have to look at other motives beyond the romantic with a big age gap.

And not all of them mentally healthy.
    wow 26 years, they could have been mother and dau..... omg, they were mother and daughter weren't they?!!..

Lin Lin,

No, they were not mother and daughter.

However, the older woman was older than the younger womans mother.

The younger woman was older than the older mothers children.

Very confusing.

Ever heard the song 'I am my own grandpa'?

A bit like that.

Got that wrong, it still confuses me.

The younger woman was younger than the older womans children.

One of whom was quite attractive.

It was at that stage that I got my coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

thanks, you did right i'd say

• Advertisement

Not only was the daughter of the older woman attractive, so was the mother of the younger woman.

Now, I am not normally gay but the half-brother of the younger womans mother did something for me, as did his wife who was a cousin of the older woman.

Too much too young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    An 18 year old bloke would wanna be pretty desperate to be gettin' involved with an auld wan.

Dunno about that, some of us prefer it to be honest.
    Nothing to do with being desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I was asked out by an 18yr old a while ago (and I’m just 30). Very cute guy but just couldn’t do it. All I could picture was talking about Cascada’s new cd or how many bebo mates he had.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Kiera wrote: »
    I was asked out by an 18yr old a while ago (and I’m just 30). Very cute guy but just couldn’t do it. All I could picture was talking about Cascada’s new cd or how many bebo mates he had.

You're 30?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Nerin wrote: »
    You're 30?!
    Take it to Helpdesk!

• Advertisement

Take it to Helpdesk!

:p i don't think the admins can help...unless...hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

21 wasn't too young for a number of 30+ women I've met ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Oh The Humanity

Night of passion=19+

Relationship=25+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Khannie wrote: »
    Half + 6, rounding up. That'd be my rule. 7 is cack. I don't see any problem with a 30 year old dating a 21 year old for example ((30 / 2) + 6).

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

shellyboo wrote: »
    Every woman, once she hits the age of 30, is suddenly hit with the realisation that they can never again date anyone under the age of 25 years and four months.

Or maybe I made that up, and it varies from woman to woman. There is no norm.

:eek: Shelllyboo, jackpot just made it, you've got a slim window to make a move, I'll be off the market soon ;)

wudangclan wrote: »
    +1

17? >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Casc-who?!
    Night of passion=19+

Relationship=25+

This sounds fair...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Half your age + 6 is the golden rule. The engineer in me loves it.

I do half my age - 6....it works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

ah i finally can see some of the posts of the famous turd ferguson ive heard so much about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 makehersquirt

When I was 24, I met a 42 yo woman who became my lover. She is a good looking woman, thin, fit and very appreciative of my actions. I still meet up with her the odd time to 'catch up'. She did teach me stuff although nearly ate me alive at first!

Also, kinda got it on with a 18 yo spanish girl there 2 years ago. nothing serious though. I was 28 at the time so thats 10 years younger & 18 years older than me, a 28 year swing but isnt as mad as it sounds. I did educate the young wan though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,069 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

poloballs8 wrote: »
    if anyones looking for a good poke in the fanny

This guy is a keeper, ladies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

28 + 41 = 69 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Didnt read all the posts here but when I was 23 i was with a 41 yr old - Note for Males - I would STRONGLY reccommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Half your age + 6 is the golden rule. The engineer in me loves it.
    Yeah? How old is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

amacachi wrote: »
    Excellent, my current relationship will be acceptable to society in four years time then when my child woman hits 26.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

This guy is a keeper, ladies.
    As is makehersquirt. Torn I am. Torn. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

ardinn wrote: »
    Didnt read all the posts here but when I was 23 i was with a 41 yr old - Note for Males - I would STRONGLY reccommend it.
    This should be mandatory for all young men and probably would be benificial to young women as the young men would be given a good education.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Too young come when it becomes illegal really. So move to Mexico:D

I wouldn't mind and in fact would appreciate an older woman who could teach me more. It's not like I am dying to get into a marriage for the next 10 years. So at 20 I would go for a woman up to the age of 45 or so. However I have no qualms about going slightly over that.

But that's me, I have friends who would not be so keen on anyone more than a year older than them.

I would consider myself quite mature with a very childish streak when I want to but usually mature so I could handle it. I have friends who are immature enough to think anyone that lets them put their dick in them more than once is their true love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I don't mind if a woman 12 years older then me or 9 years younger then me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

or 9 years younger then me :D

i hope you're older than 25 so!

Advertisement