Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tallaght01's deletion of my post and my banning from the Biology and Medicine Forum

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I have to say, having my post deleted from the Swine Flu thread over in the Biology and Medicine Forum, just because you didn't like the content is really disappointing from a supposedly scientific person.

I think your points were well made and you put context around the various studies quoted in the links and extracts I posted.

If you had left my post, along with yours, you would have had a decent discussion which, in my opinion, would have been to the benefit of those following the thread.

You did yourself a disservice by deleting my post.

The spirit of the "posting a link without discussion" rule is to prevent spamming etc. Using this as an excuse, again, is surely beneath a scientific person. Besides this, there was discussion, it wasn't just a link. You should have let the thread stand , had you left the post stand, I believe your response would have been authoratative and sufficient to debunk any deficiencies the quote had from a medical/scientific point of view.

No issue with my banning from the forum. Just disappointed with the lack of free speech in the forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Complaints about moderation go in Helpdesk.
    If you want to see how to make a proper complaint click how to make a complaint in my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Just disappointed with the lack of free speech in the forum.

If you knew Bio&Med well, you would know that it is infact the contrary. Anyway take it to helpdesk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Help Desk, as advised. Also you may want to re-examine the cries of "free speech".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement