Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylan Moran vicar street dates

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i wouldnt have minded people taking pictures so much, except someone took about 7 in a row from behind me with the brightest flash ever.

I wouldnt have been at all surprised if that was why he got so flustered and finished early (it was the first night).

You can find better images of him online! why take a crap pic? to prove you were there? show the ticket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tattooqueen

Hi,
    Does anyone have Dylan Moran tickets to sell?
    I need two, any night at Vicar St will do.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Went on Saturday night, wasn't blown away, material was average enough, Very few real laugh-out-loud moments, I'm a huge fan, but if it had been my first time seeing him, I wouldn't have been impressed.

I was at the saturday show as well and would have to agree with this. I'm a huge fan but there was a big difference between this show and the last time I saw him at vicar street.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,447 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yep, There's no comparison between this and the Monster or Like Totally stuff :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

He couldn't help but slip the ol' Grogans joke in. It's gas that Grogans looks like it's not been altered in about 30years!

He also repeated the "OMG it's a biscuit" joke but switched it from Irish people to English. He didn't do an encore last night as such, like he didn't go off and come back. As he was saying he's going to leave people started heckling him so he stayed and just did the final joke.Encroaching on Billy Connolly territory there :p he must be getting to that age.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

MOD NOTE:

Next person to post in this thread requesting or selling tickets will get a week ban.
    I've had to ban 3 people and infract a dozen in this thread alone so far! I'm not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I thoroughly enjoyed the sayurday night gig, I dont think i stopped laughig formt he moment he came on. Myself and my mate had headaches from the relentless laughing.

I need more Dylan.

Have pre ordered the DVD already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

ekevosu wrote: »
    I was at the saturday show as well and would have to agree with this. I'm a huge fan but there was a big difference between this show and the last time I saw him at vicar street.
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Went on Saturday night, wasn't blown away, material was average enough, Very few real laugh-out-loud moments, I'm a huge fan, but if it had been my first time seeing him, I wouldn't have been impressed.

I'd echo these statements. Went last night. Good but not as good as the previous shows (Although I've only seen them on Youtube). Unfortunately there was a very drunk girl (if you're reading this Guinness swilling girl, you're a right twat!!). She kinda ruined a lot of the lines for me. Couldn't hear Dylan over her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Saw him last Saturday.

Not as good as Monster or Like, Totally but still a damn fine performance.

Some killer lines and all delivered with such effortless skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Went to last nights show... and I have to say I was very dissapointed.
    Not a patch on his older stuff. One or 2 lol moments but thats about it.
    To be fair, the crowd seemed to go with it, but in my opinion they were just laughing because it was Dylan Moran on stage, and not at his actual material.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I saw him yesterday.... on the street. He looked fairly wrecked tbh. Maybe he's a little off at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Dord wrote: »
    I saw him yesterday.... on the street. He looked fairly wrecked tbh. Maybe he's a little off at the moment.

I walked past him while he was sittin in a cafe on the phone, looked a bit stressed alright. Going to see him on friday, lookin forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

Went to see him on Tuesaday night and enjoyed it very much! Although he did get a liitle bit mixed up at the end, he seemed to run out of time because of his hilarious rambling throughout the gig...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 iercepa

thought it took him a while to get going but the second half was brilliant. loved the Berlusconi gags

Advertisement