Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any good restaurants in cork?

Options
  • 11-08-2009 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

im looking for a restaurant around the area of Midleton and Cork city and in between. A restaurant that is reasonbly priced and serves nice food. It cant be chinese or indian or anything like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The Farm Gate Midleton, The Rising Tide Glounthane, Finins (sp?) Midleton, Sage Midleton. That's just off the top of my head.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭hatetherain!

Best Restaurant in Cork and I'd go so far as to say Ireland is definately les Gourmandises. Its in Cook Street in the city.

Its really relaxed there with a lovely atmosphere. Food is fab every time! Ate there again last thursday they doing a special Market Menu E25 per person great value and good to see them reacting to the present economic situation.

Spoke to the lovely french lady (the owner) and she told me that the chef 9her husnbad!) gets a load of his food in the English market and goes and pick out his meat himself!smile.gif

Definatley worth a trip! Let us know what you think if you go!

www.lesgourmandises.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

Lovely food but it used to be pretty pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

The only reason I went there was because I was given a present of a voucher. Mind you it was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Finin's in Midleton is excellent and pretty reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Mulan

The hardwood Restaurant, 31 popes quay.
    Lovely spot, great food and the people are nice and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Recently had a great meal in Boardwalk, pricey but, very good quality and great service.

M
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Elm tree is quite good these days. Rising tide is good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 salome74

The Ambassador is a very good chinese restaurant in the city....

Nakon Thai is very good in Douglas......

and lal queila ( maybe incorrect spelling) in douglas is an excellent indian ( especially the starters):)

also Capri bay in youghal...really nice and quaint....beautiful lobster there recently...it aslo got a good review from tom doorley ..
    and if your going that far.............go to The Moorings in dungarvan for monkfish with crab claws & prawns...or a steak!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Eccos in Douglas is lovely. Something there for everyone. The steaks are wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

salome74 wrote: »
    The Ambassador is a very good chinese restaurant in the city....

Nakon Thai is very good in Douglas......

and lal queila ( maybe incorrect spelling) in douglas is an excellent indian ( especially the starters):)

also Capri bay in youghal...really nice and quaint....beautiful lobster there recently...it aslo got a good review from tom doorley ..
    and if your going that far.............go to The Moorings in dungarvan for monkfish with crab claws & prawns...or a steak!!!!!!!!!!!!

not in cork but oohhh the moorings been there a few times absolutely handsome...........drools from eyes and mouth:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

BLAIRS in cloghroe is a nice spot great place for the irish or local dishes
    always a favourite with any visitors or family

• Registered Users Posts: 48 peveril13

Sage in midleton I think is outstanding. they try really hard to create taste and flavours and make their food a little quirky or special. I love the place. prob the only place where I would order anything on the menu and know Ill be happy with it.
    if you want a proper treat Jolas in kinsale blew my mind when I was there a few months ago. one of the best meals of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Haru

I remember a good restaurant facing the Tesco on Paul Street. The facade was made of windows with a black frame and they had some great dishes. We were with foreigners and their kid, and all enjoy what they took. It was kinda french dishes based.

Can't remember its name though. =/

Advertisement