Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail app for 3 mobile not available?

• 11-08-2009 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi guys, hopefully someone can help me out here.

I use the gmail application on my Nokia 1600. However, I've had to delete & re download it about once every two weeks as the size of the app increases day by day and it eventually runs out of memory or something.

Either way, that's not the problem, it only takes 10 seconds to install.

A couple of days ago I went to d'l the app again, but it just brought me to the gmail page on my phone's browser instead.

Now if I want to check my mail, I have to use the browser which is akward, badly laid out, and basically rubbish.

I'm on 3 bill pay btw.

Anyone know why this is? Have 3 stopped the gmail app?

tl;dr - I can't d'l the gmail app on 3 but I could last week and now have to view gmail through my browser.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

To be honest, that phone isn't really suited for the internet. It's a very, very basic model.

http://www.three.ie/handsets_new/sony-ericsson-k610i-red-3pay.htm

Not too expensive and will do the job with Gmail. It supports email via the message section too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 OneForTheRoad

sorted.

I can download it my going to m.google.ie and taking it from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,249 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Does the nokia 1600 accept a 3 sim let alone run gmail, don't believe it, are you sure it's a 1600 you have op?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

U need a 3g phone for 3 to work use opera mini if your on vodafone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement