Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairdressers

• 11-08-2009 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

Looking for a hairdressers in Waterford that's good and won't break the bank.

Looking for highlights and cut....any help please!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Theres a place opposite old cimena (dont remember street name) called Loyds - no appointments - but got highlights, cut & free treatment there for €60 - thats €70 cheaper than last salon and I found them fine there and will go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

The cutting company on arundel square are good not cheap though, for a cut and colour about 70e and more with highlights...........well depends on length I guess. Guess everyone has their own definition of expensive.

Hype just around the corner from xtra vision aernt bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsoriordan2be

1966 wrote: »
    Theres a place opposite old cimena (dont remember street name) called Loyds - no appointments - but got highlights, cut & free treatment there for €60 - thats €70 cheaper than last salon and I found them fine there and will go back.

went there myself a few months ago and was the worst hairdressers I have even been to....i had patches of color in my hair and when they tried to fix their mistake only kept making it worse

had to leave and get it redone next day somewhere else...was also made pay full price
    :(

also dont mind paying upto around 120 if I know it's gonna be good

also dont mind paying upto around 120 if I know it's gonna be good
    #

The cutting company so, they do a colour and highlights and a cut for 106ish, never had a problem with them. went to peter marks and the same was 150 and was terrible, colour was wrong and the cut was barely noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 496 ✭✭renraw

The barber shop just opposite the post office on arundel square. Hi-lites n cut €30 - best place in town and the girls are brilliant ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vixenbees

Urban Hype are doing full head highlights and cut for €90, they've just recently lowered their prices. I've only been the once but ya cant go too far wrong at that price (I used to pay €155 at the Foxy Chopper:eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

you need to get a hairdresser friend or sister (in my case). Havent been in a hairdressers in about 6 years, i get mine done at home:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭baybike

Got mine cut in the Cutting Company a few weeks ago...I won't be going back:mad:Nice enough girls but the cut was awful(and I only wanted a trim!)

baybike wrote: »
    Got mine cut in the Cutting Company a few weeks ago...I won't be going back:mad:Nice enough girls but the cut was awful(and I only wanted a trim!)

God who did you get??? I got scalped there once but I wasnt that bothered as my hair needed a good cut but ive never had issues since probably because they know now not to chop me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Hedone

i usually get my high lights done in peter marks, t-bar & cut was about 70e. went to foxy choppers couple years ago was the worst experience ever ! the fella who did the blowdry almost tore my hair out plus burnt my scalp. never goin back there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

speaking of haridressers, any of the lads go to barbers lane? thats where i usually go and am pretty happy wit the place but today i went and that girl that usually sweeps the floor is cutting hair now! she cut mine and made a balls of it! not acceptable even if she has a fine arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mydogsammy

Remind me never to get my hair cut in the cutting company,
    Really surprised about Foxy Chopper , If it's the guy I'm thinking of he only worked there for a couple on months so it's safe to return.
    I went to urban hype definitly cheaper and looked o.k. but NOT in the same class for me:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 eyefordetail

I would definitely recommend foxy chopper. Not sure of the pricing for what your looking for but i've never been disappointed and I know lots of people that go there and love it. Its a really funky place. All the staff are young and up to date with current trends and are great for upstyles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rkehoe

Hi mrsoriordan2be

I Would highly reccommend Ultans hair salon, its just off Patricks hill, i have been going to him for years now, i live in Cork at the mo but always head to Waterford to get it done! Theres a few people in there that you can chose from,I always get Ultan to cut my hair and Sarah to highlight it, or else Louise or Elaine in there will cut and colour it, and their all extremely talented at what they do. They listen to what you want, and in all the years (seriously, have been going there for 8 years id say!!) i have never been unhappy with the end result.

and their very reasonably priced, so if u go here, u will not go wrong.

I hope this helped :D

I would definitely recommend foxy chopper. Not sure of the pricing for what your looking for but i've never been disappointed and I know lots of people that go there and love it. Its a really funky place. All the staff are young and up to date with current trends and are great for upstyles too.

yeah foxy chop is probably the best place in town. but why wont they reduce their prices like other salons are doing?

if it was only an extra 10 or 20 quid i would have stayed loyal but when its €65 in the difference i think its worth checkin out elsewhere.

I take it mrsoriordan2be's after gettin the hair done by now anywho - where did ya end up??

i finally went to urban hype and lets just say i will be staying well clear....never again :mad:

cut was very bad...and highlights too as ya can still clearly see roots...

worst part is your one was sooooo rough when i went home i realised there was cuts on my scalp!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

+1 for the FOXY CHOPPER. The staff are on the button with the latest trends and styles. And cheaper than Peter Mark or Toni & Guy (RIP OFF'S)

i finally went to urban hype and lets just say i will be staying well clear....never again :mad:

cut was very bad...and highlights too as ya can still clearly see roots...

worst part is your one was sooooo rough when i went home i realised there was cuts on my scalp!!!

oh my god you poor poor woman!! so is it safe to say we're starting a new search for affordable hairdressers that are decent or will it be back to paying €155 for highlights and a cut in foxy chopper :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

What is the average cost these day's in city salon's for a cut, all over colour, & blowdry? I live in the county and the local salon charges €65. Anywhere I could get it cheaper? Or am I codding myself thinking I'd get it cheaper in the city :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

would ya not got back and complain?? obv if you can still see your roots she didnt do a good job, funk that if it was me id go back.

Foxy choppers ftw also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 todaylove

Hi Girls,
    I have been reading your thoughts on the hair salons in Waterford for some time now and bit the bullet and went to Foxy Chopper.
    The Guy Micheal was great although it did cost me 155 with cut he adviced me to a low maintance high-lite so roots wouldn't be as noticable.
    Also go free treatment and a loyalty card so at least it's something.
    it has great mood in there and the staff really are cool can see why they have so many awards. They told me that they have just got the place done up so mayby that's why they havn't dropped the prices. :D Anywhy I really enjoyed it and the place looks great couldn't fault it if I can't afford 155 every 8 weeks I'll just dye fine brown:eek:

Advertisement