Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mini Review of Silverback Glock 17 Laser Grip

• 11-08-2009 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭

Purchased from.

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=10188

So this is a copy of the Crimson trace Glock Laser Grip

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Products/GLOCK/LG617/tabid/211/Default.aspx

$35 as opposed to $229 :-) not that I'd be putting a real steel laser grip on an Airsoft Pistol as thats a big no no and an insane waste of money to boot.

Some Pics of the laser grip on my KWA Glock 18C.

P1000168.jpg

P1000165.jpg

P1000163.jpg

So why would you want something like this for your GBB pistol apart from its inherent gucciness which should be reason enough?

Well laser sights and holsters can be a challenge particularly SERPA holsters.

Was'nt sure it would fit my SERPA holster but it does perfectly.

P1000166.jpg

The Pros

5 mins to install

Looks Cool

Fits SERPA Holster

Reasonably cheap

The Cons

Activation is a bit fiddly works better when I am wearing gloves

May not be comfortable for people with small hands

Keep the original pin as when you remove the sight the long pin used to hold the laser grip in place digs uncomfortably into your hand so you will want to put the original pin back in the glock if you are not using the laser grip.

Conclusion

This was an impulse buy I did'nt put too much thought into it :o. Happy that it was so easy to install. I will post up how well it holds up to a skirmish at a future date.

Hopefully they will release some more Crimson Trace clones for other models.

All going to plan I will get to try it out at G-TAC2 Urban Xtreme this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Wow! Thats actually... Kinda cool really. Looks entirely unnecessary and pointless to a gucci-hater on first glance, but then the 'oooh DAMN thats cool' factor came along. Nice pics too... Too bad I dislike Glocks (Too uncomfortable and impersonal - feel like the guns clone warriors will use :P) (Be a man use a Colt LOL)

Otherwise, epic.

***NOTE. I fouled up, havin a SNAFU night. Please stuff into discussion thread *blushes*

Advertisement