Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heroes of newert

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

already playing.
    look for BigBadHarv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I had a thread on this on the strategy board a few weeks ago. I play Demigod a bit but haven't tried Dota. I did play Savage 2 quite a bit last year.

I missed the beta keys for this so if you'd like to give one away it'd be appreciated .

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Leahcim100@gmail.com

Please gief beta invite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭daemon1

I had a thread on this on the strategy board a few weeks ago. I play Demigod a bit but haven't tried Dota. I did play Savage 2 quite a bit last year.

I missed the beta keys for this so if you'd like to give one away it'd be appreciated .

Ye post/send your e-mail and il send you one. Sorry xyo you posted 1min after him if I can get more I'll send it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Well if anyone has a spare invite my email is above :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

gief beta !

email : virus_tyrant@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

any invites left?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it similar to demigod?

Is it similar to demigod?

I've only had time to play one game so far. There wasn't an option to have AI heroes (like demigod) as far as I could see so it was me and a map of creeps.
    It's a similar idea but more like DOTA. There's more heroes to choose from. You can't zoom out and see the whole map like demigod. Not sure if you can buy creep upgrades.

I've only had time to play one game so far. There wasn't an option to have AI heroes (like demigod) as far as I could see so it was me and a map of creeps.
    It's a similar idea but more like DOTA. There's more heroes to choose from. You can't zoom out and see the whole map like demigod. Not sure if you can buy creep upgrades.

The creeps gradually improve. To get mega-creeps you have to destroy the other sides barracks. They are upgrading the game alot and importing heroes and nerfing/balancing the existing ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

HoN is a complete dota clone, even down to most of the heroes. I like the feel of it more, how responsive the heroes are and how lag free it feels even with a higher ping than in a dota game. But it's probably not quite as balanced yet

i've 3 beta invites spare too, dunno who above's been sent one so far but send a pm if you want one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I've no spare invites at the moment.

Good game, well enjoying playing it, I havnt got that much into it, but its easy enough for new players to pick up, but hard to master. One of those games.

Very enjoyable, lag free and a lovely stats system :)

My game name is Furyio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

god i suck so bad at this.
    maybe i played against crappier players in dota.
    my scores are so bad and im always the lowest level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

i have no invites left :/
    the game is going well tho. still a lot of bugs, balance issues and crazy random sh1t happening but other then that its pretty amazing.

keep in mind that this is a hard game with a steep learning curve. you literally have to take your beatings for a month or so to learn wat to do and wat not to do. the best way to learn is to play with people you know and ask questions. ill consider making a beginners guide sometime. would take a while and would be long enough but could be worth it for people wanting to get into HoN / DotA... the game of kings ;)

Jazzy wrote: »
    i have no invites left :/
    the game is going well tho. still a lot of bugs, balance issues and crazy random sh1t happening but other then that its pretty amazing.

keep in mind that this is a hard game with a steep learning curve. you literally have to take your beatings for a month or so to learn wat to do and wat not to do. the best way to learn is to play with people you know and ask questions. ill consider making a beginners guide sometime. would take a while and would be long enough but could be worth it for people wanting to get into HoN / DotA... the game of kings ;)

So true. I am thinking of making a new account because I got battered in my first 10 games that I can't get into good games.

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9&order=desc&page=16

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=521

Ok,

I have 5 beta invites for this now. First five replies to (already registered users) this can have them. Would like to have a few games with people who are still trying to learn how to play like myself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll take one. Never played it myself, but could use a non-mmo online game to get into.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

I'll take one, if they're still going?

MOH wrote: »
    I'll take one, if they're still going?

Yeah I have one for both yourself and Kiith. If you pm me your email address I'll send them on.

Have 3 left now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'll give it a go. Looks interesting.

• Advertisement

I'll give it a go. Looks interesting.

Ok. Again PM me your email address. 2 left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

I will take key please :)

Advertisement