Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gauge - pick a new person please

Options
  • 11-08-2009 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

How many pairs of plugs do you have?

what is your favourite pair?

favourite stone or material for plugs?

you ever gonna get yourself a tattoo? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Have you ever had any discrimination cos of your mods, work or otherwise?

Why do I keep thinking you live in cork?

Why is the ad I'm watching paint all motorcyclists as male?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭jinxycat

What age are you?

Is there any type of piercing that you'd never get done?

Did you always like piercings before you had them done?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JohnnyQuid

Lets hope it's third time lucky.

What type of music do you listen to?

Play an instrument?

Interested in sport?What type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Will wrote: »
    How many pairs of plugs do you have?

Pairs that are in rotation now? 46.

Hangies: 7

Conch: 5

Total for 1/2" jewellery: 53. Oh my god I need a life.
    what is your favourite pair?

Probably my satin eyelets:

pink_satin.jpg

I love them because they make my lobes look thicker, they're simple but still kind of flashy, and pretty. The picture does not do them justice! Also because they're no longer in production, they're special.

And my labs (see below).
    favourite stone or material for plugs?

Favourite material? Glass. I love glass, it makes my lobes nice and happy, and there's lots of different designs.

Favourite stone is flashy labradorite (crappy labradorite don't cut it). Which is why it's the only custom made stone I have. Just LOOK at it ffs:

12labradorite.jpg

you ever gonna get yourself a tattoo? :D

SOMEDAY I PROMISE. I really want to get something :( I'd actually like scarification but what I've heard about the healing process puts me off.

Have you ever had any discrimination cos of your mods, work or otherwise?

Well my first job was in a music store and I went through the interview with the head hiring guy with all my piercings in. I got the job, went in for my first day and the manager was sitting down. I introduced myself and her first sentence was "Oh no, those piercings have to come out!!" :mad: Apparently it was inappropriate because there are children around (yes, those were her words). Because children will be irreversably scarred by a lip ring. Bah. That's pretty much it, because since then I just take out my facial piercings and wear non-flashy plugs and no one's said anything. My current job doesn't care which is wonderful.
    Why do I keep thinking you live in cork?

Because I... did?! And my location still kinda says so :( Somedays I long to be surrounded by those musical accents once again...
    Why is the ad I'm watching paint all motorcyclists as male?

Because a motorcycle is a penis substitute. Seriously, Freud said this.

• Advertisement

jinxycat wrote: »
    What age are you?

20 alright fine, 23.
    Is there any type of piercing that you'd never get done?

There's a couple I'd like but I'd never get done because I know they wouldn't suit me... like cheek piercings or a medusa. And I probably wouldn't get a wrist surface piercing or a thumbweb piercing because of how much the healing would suck.
    Did you always like piercings before you had them done?

Nope, not really... when I was younger (like <9) I used to swear I would never get a piercing, not even my ears. I didn't start liking piercings until I hit about 13.

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    Lets hope it's third time lucky.
    What type of music do you listen to?

Anything and everything I guess... my favourite bands are Tool and Nine Inch Nails so I guess 'alternative' covers it, but odds are if I'm alone in my car I'm listening to something ridiculously cheesy like the soundtrack to RENT. Or Hanson.
    Play an instrument?

Tried guitar, failed. Tried bass guitar, failed. Tried tin whistle and recorder for school and my parents almost killed me, so failed. :( I'm 'musically challenged'.
    Interested in sport?What type?

Not only am I musically challenged, I am sport-challenged. I enjoy horse riding but I haven't done it in ages, never competed but I like to watch horse events on TV. I like watching golf because I find it strangely relaxing but again I don't play, or actually know anything about golf.

Are you doing your dream job? if so what is it?:D

Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years time?

Are you getting nervous that you're almost a quarter of a century year old :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭skywards

You like NIN?! So should I send the ranch dip in the packages or bottles? :p

Hmm, actual question wise.. You like horses so I'll make them horse related since you'd actually get it :D

What is your favourite horse sport?
    Are ponies awful?
    Is it Shetland or Sh!tland? (:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Most embarrasing moment?

If you where to have a "tea" party what five famous people would you invite and why.

Any funny nick names (previous or current)

Regrets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gauge wrote: »
    Or Hanson.
    :eek:
    Just...

go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

most you've paid for a pair of plugs?

who is your fav plug company atm

Are you doing your dream job? if so what is it?:D

Where do you hope to see yourself in 5 years time?

Are you getting nervous that you're almost a quarter of a century year old :p

It's not a dream job exactly, but it's relevant to my education and interests so it's enjoyable.

In 5 years time... in San Francisco or somewhere in Northern California, would be nice. Need to enter that green card lottery >_<

Nervous?! Um... I've started researching anti- aging products :( 25 is when you start using them, right?

Nervous?! Um... I've started researching anti- aging products :( 25 is when you start using them, right?

I hope not or well i'm........old:(

:p

Who's your inspiration in life?

How would you describe yourself/personality?

Who would you most like to meet in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Whats your favourite pair of shoes/runners?

Whats your favourite dinner?

And if i say jump, you say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

What is your next piercing?

Do you like the Old Oak Bar?

What is your sexual orientation?

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

!!! wrote: »

My guess for this would be "Usually horizontal but not strictly so."

Should there be limits on what people can ask in these topics, or should it merely be up to the questionee to fend off questions they don't wanna answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

My guess for this would be "Usually horizontal but not strictly so."

Should there be limits on what people can ask in these topics, or should it merely be up to the questionee to fend off questions they don't wanna answer?
    1. Best answer ever.
    2. Yes there should be limits, common sense usually dictates don't ask what people might not be comfortable with.

skywards wrote: »
    You like NIN?! So should I send the ranch dip in the packages or bottles? :p

BUCKETS.
    Hmm, actual question wise.. You like horses so I'll make them horse related since you'd actually get it :D

What is your favourite horse sport?

I used to enjoy cross-country when I rode, but I like to watch showjumping.
    Are ponies awful?

Aww no they're not. Just too small! My favourite pony ever was called Buzz, she was a giant bitch who looked like a sheep but she was so much fun to ride.
    Is it Shetland or Sh!tland? (:p)

Sh!tland, they always look like they're angry about something, which they probably are.

BUCKETS.

I used to enjoy cross-country when I rode, but I like to watch showjumping.

Aww no they're not. Just too small! My favourite pony ever was called Buzz, she was a giant bitch who looked like a sheep but she was so much fun to ride.

Sh!tland, they always look like they're angry about something, which they probably are.

I'm not sure they make it in buckets, but if you get enough of the little packages you could probably make buckets XD. Bitchy ponies are the BEST.

• Advertisement

vangoz wrote: »
    Most embarrasing moment?

Once I was walking down Washington Street in Cork and I slipped on a piece of cardboard someone had used to cover a spill of white paint. So yeah, I got covered from head to toe in paint on a Saturday afternoon in front of quite a few people and had to get the bus home all covered in paint and then wash myself with turpentine :(
    If you where to have a "tea" party what five famous people would you invite and why.

Hmm... Tina Fey because she's pretty funny and I'd bet she'd be a great conversationalist.

Gordon Ramsey because he makes me LOL when he gets angry. Also he could do the cooking.

Barack Obama because he'd get everyone drunk.

Oprah because she'd probably bring a bunch of free stuff for everyone.

Billy Connolly because he also makes me laugh.

I was going to say Orson Welles but he'd probably eat all my food. And he's dead.
    Any funny nick names (previous or current)

Not so many at the moment, my two closest friends refer to me as It although I have no idea why. I have also been known as Knickers (:mad:) and Sanitary Pad (:mad::mad:) because of my first and last names.
    Regrets?

None that immediately spring to mind, I'm not very regretful but I wish I hadn't gotten any gunned piercings when I was younger, my lobes are wonky and I have a scar from a cartilage piercing that won't go away.

Not so many at the moment, my two closest friends refer to me as It although I have no idea why. I have also been known as Knickers (:mad:) and Sanitary Pad (:mad::mad:) because of my first and last names.

May we hear a bit of backstory behind that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I have also been known as Knickers (:mad:)

Hahhahaha! i used to be called that ... actually some people still call me that :D loloness

skywards wrote: »
    May we hear a bit of backstory behind that one?

There's no backstory, just that my first name sounds vaguely like Knickers, and my surname sounds vaguely like Sanitary!

Will wrote: »
    most you've paid for a pair of plugs?

$145.80 on Anatometal blings. Oh jebus, I should wear them more often :(
    who is your fav plug company atm

Onetribe are churning out a LOT of beautiful stuff. I'm probably biased because they're on my facebook feed so I see new pictures all the time. But damn, those guys are like master stone sculptors. I wish I was at a size to do their stuff justice, but at the same time glad because I would be broke.

I hope not or well i'm........old:(

:p

Who's your inspiration in life?

I take a lot of inspiration from people I know, family members... like my aunt and uncle who have travelled and lived in a lot of different countries.
    How would you describe yourself/personality?

Introverted but opinionated as hell, and vocal about those. I can be very snarky as some have noticed :p but I'm a nice person... I think. I don't murder babies or set fire to houses so I can't be that bad.
    Who would you most like to meet in your life?

There's so many people I can't think of one, but I can see my Buffy boxset from where I'm sitting so I'm going to say I would love to meet and talk about stuff with Joss Whedon. Except he would probably have me slapped with a restraining order after about 30 seconds :(

Whats your favourite pair of shoes/runners?

I am crap when it comes to collecting and wearing shoes so I can answer this easily: my purple Vans that I wear almost every day without fecking exception. I'm terrible at wearing different shoes, so I end up buying Vans because they're comfortable and wearing them every day until they're destroyed. But I like them because they're purple and comfy. And about 50-60% through their lifespan right now.
    Whats your favourite dinner?

Chickpea curry is amazing! I love cooking it for my carnivore friends (even though I'm not a vegetarian) because it always surprises them. Sooo good. And it's usually one of the cheapest meals in an Indian restaurant :p
    And if i say jump, you say?

How hi- I MEAN FECK OFF :mad:

!!! wrote: »
    What is your next piercing?

Really want some more dermal punches, or another nostril piercing to make things more symmetrical!
    Do you like the Old Oak Bar?

Meh, it's ok. Good atmosphere but gets very cattle-market-y at times.

:P

"Usually horizontal but not strictly so." - Obviously I stole that and I am forever in debt to Damo because I will be shamelessly using it ALL THE TIME from now on.

There's so many people I can't think of one, but I can see my Buffy boxset from where I'm sitting so I'm going to say I would love to meet and talk about stuff with Joss Whedon. Except he would probably have me slapped with a restraining order after about 30 seconds :(

Oh another Buffy fan!!!!!

Did you follow Angel also?

Who was your favourite Buffy character?

• Advertisement

Oh another Buffy fan!!!!!

Did you follow Angel also?

Yesss. Although I lapsed towards the end of the last two seasons of both, so I watched the the two of them from start to scratch last winter and the last season of Angel was amaaaazing.
    Who was your favourite Buffy character?

Spike of course! I love him, fecking hilarious, I was so glad when he showed up in season 5 of Angel! But when I was watching it the first time round I had a huge crush on Xander. The official Buffy magazine (:rolleyes:) was doing a poll on the top 10 hot guys of Buffy. I voted for Xander and they quoted what I said about him in the list! I was so excited.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement